KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Man, what can I say. I never met such an energetic 16 year old as Pit_monkey. I think we both were a little worried about what each person was like, but from talking back and forth for over a year that helped alot.

It was a hit as soon as I pulled in his driveway and he walked out to the car. I wished his bike was rideable as I would of loved to have gotten some action shots of him riding.

Anyway, Charlie drove me around Farmington, CT on Saturday and we watch some MX racing videos and then I took his family out to dinner Saturday night and when we got back we shot off some fireworks just for the fun of it. I also got to meet his very cool girlfriend and also got to met his step brothers which one is MORT here on DRN which I didn't realize or remember Charlie telling me that. I also got to meet his younger sister which is one very polite young lady.

Sunday we got up ealier and Charlie, his friend Mark and I headed to Southwick and got several autographs and Charlie got to personally talk to David V. at the Yamaha team rig after he came in from practice and also got his autograph. WAY TO GO CHARLIE.

Also we were shocked to meet the rider that's riding the 250 version of Charlie's CR125 sponsored by the same dealership that's sponsering Charlie and is also running the same number that's on Charlie's bike.

Well I waited at both 9 am and 11:30 and the only people I got to meet was Aaron (kawiekx125) and JH. Arron hung around with us most the day and luckily for his wild hair style, I was able to spot him several times during the day. It was great to also meet JH. Just sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you all, but boy I was tired from standing 1/2 the day and sitting the other half. I didn't realize the moto's where 1/2 hour plus 2 laps.

Anyway, it was a blast to see my first outdoor National and also thank Pit_monkey and his family for being such a great host.

Looking forward to my return trip 2nd weekend in August along with my bike to check out some of the new areas. So any of you locals, let Pit_monkey know if you want to go riding with us.

Thanks Charlie for being such a good host and true friend,

Rick

Last edited:

Jh85

May 17, 2001
I was going to go back into the pits to meet up with you guys, but they wouldn't let anyone else in (it was about 11:30, pit passes were supposed to be good 'til twelve :think:)

Where did you guys watch the rest of the race from? I met up with Papakieth afterwards and figured you guys would be back so you would be able to meet him. You should have come back, we had 3 chairs that you could have used instead of standing.

I didn't see DV in the second moto, did something happen?

Nice to meet you guys :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I was looking for you guys all day. I was looking around for KawieKX125 since I had met him previously. I had just about given up on finding any of you. I had spoken with MikeKX250 a couple of times during the day, and was standing with him just before the 125 main went off this young man in a Marthas Vinyard shirt approached me and asked, "Are you Keith?" This is how I met Jh85. :) He led me to my first seat of the day (thank you!) right at the finish line too. I hung out there through both of the first motos, then struck out in search of a different vantage point. I checked back a couple of times to see if KDX220rm and Pit_Monkey, or KawiKX125 had come back, but they didn't. :(
Even though I didn't get to meet KDX220rm or Pit-Monkey (I will meet you two)I had a great time at my first National.
So, onward to Unadilla - yes?!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Sorry I missed you guys.. :( ..I got to Southwick at 9:30, so I figured I would find you at 11:30. I was at Ty Wallaces pit for a while, and didn't realize what time it was until almost noon. I looked but I saw so many orange hats, that it made it a little difficult. I will be at both Unadilla, and Broome Tioga. Hopefully I can meet up with a few guys at one of those races.

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
hey i had a great time too......little edit about the mhr bike we saw, Rick they dont sponsor me they sponsored the rider that i bought the bike from so my bike is one of their race bikes. papa, maybe we can meet at rocky hill with aaron the weekend after the 22nd since i have a race that weekend. ill keep in touch.... feel free to email me if you want to hook up to ride.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Thanks for the correction as I thought MHR Racing was sponsoring you too. :eek:

Hey Charlie, you forgot to mention who all the famous people that you got to talk to (NO, I don't mean ME), especially the one you caught by his factory racing team rig??? :eek:

Last edited:

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
oh yea...i met Dave Vuillemin im so stoked to have met him. he is really nice. i also met my idol...John Dowd. He is also very nice. its too bad that DV hurt his foot or ankle in the first moto because i would have liked to have seen him kick RC's butt....i also met Ernesto Fonsaca but he's really rude. Finally i got to meet Mitch Payton the owner of team green/ Pro Circuit. He is really nice aswell. Hope a good time was had by all.....Later days

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Also it was great to meet another Mr. Clean. In fact, I think Pit_monkey's bike was cleaner than my KTM250.

Its great to see someone take really good care of their investments and enjoyed helping Charlie do some general maintainence on his bike.

Top Bottom