Gopher

Jul 27, 1999
Just wanted to say thank you to who ever upgraded me to a subscriber from just regestered.. Not sure when It happened but was cool. Many of you may remember me from way back in 99 or so and from the 1st Spodefest. I changed my username to lunchbox cause I couldn't get back on with the username Gopher when I finally got access to a computer again. I am in the Kansas Army National Guard and have been On active duty since November. I am in an aviation unit that has been in Bosnia for quite some time now. I am lucky enough to have access to a computer in the office I work out of when on Base with limited internet access and being able to read and interact on this sight has been a real lifesaver for me. Dirtbikes are a major portion of my life and I sold my bike before I left so as you can imagine the withdrawels (not just from no alcohol..haha) suck. Being able to at least read about bikes and stuff has been great. I never appreciated this sight so much before. When I get back I plan on actually paying for my subscription myself. But, just wanted to say thanks.
Gopher/Lunchbox/ Leo

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Would you like me to change your name back to Gopher?
Good to see ya on the boards again. Stay safe and thanks for wearing the uniform!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Gopher/lunchbox/Leo - Thank you for the job you are doing!

As we approach July 4th, it would do "all" Americans good to recognize the sacrifices that Gopher, Kav and others make in order to assure the continues growth of freedom around this world.

Your sacrifices allow to others to speak out and still be able to sleep without fear of reprisal.

Thanks again :thumb:

Gopher

Jul 27, 1999
While it is still dangerous here and we are sacrificing being away from our families etc. We enjoy comforts and safety here that our troops in Iraq do not have the luxery of. Peacekeeping is a very different thing to get used to. As far as being deployed goes I don't think I can really complain. I get to play on a computer alot and Brown&Root does a large portion of my job here. (63S) Although, there are US forces deployed all over the place so its good not to forget thoes people in addition to everyone in Iraq. Not sure if I said that right. But you know what I mean :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yes, please put him back as "Gopher". I totally forgot who "lunchbox" was at first. ;) Congrats on the subscriber upgrade.

While it is still dangerous here and we are sacrificing being away from our families etc.

Thank you for making the sacrifices. I know that myself and my family appreciates what you and people like you are doing. :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom