Thanks for the advice, 200exc now mine

firffighter

Jan 31, 2005
I just brought home a '99 200exc. Thanks for everyone's bits of advice on which KTM to buy! I love this bike. It has incredible power for a 200. (not like the KDX I test rode). This bike feels like you can flick it around and still have the torque to pull a stump. (maybe a small one). Anyone out there with a 200exc that has some advice for got to have add ons? I haven't had this in the woods yet, but cant wait for Sunday. You guys sold me on KTM's after reading these forums, (this is my first punkin) and I am as giddy as a school girl. Thanks again everyone and I will give you an update after the first trip to the woods.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats on the bike, I bet that's exciting. How is it equipped as it is? I ride an 01, and aside from upside-down forks, am not sure of the other differences.

firffighter

Jan 31, 2005
firecracker22,

I don't think there were too many differences between these bikes. The guy I bought it from put on all black plastic and took off the headlight and wiring. I wish he had left it stock, but I can relplace it later I guess. He put on a carbon fiber pipe guard and had the suspension reworked for his size, which is the same as I am (200lbs.). I cant believe how much power it has for a 200. Have you ridden yours much in tight woods? I am wondering how you like the power delivery in the woods?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Woods are mostly what i ride, though in winter it's desert hills, occasionally sand dunes and now and then I abuse myself on the MX track. I'm a hair lighter than you ;) and have had my suspension reworked, which made tons of difference. It took me a bit to get used to when it was new, since I'd had an XR before that, but I love it now. You couldn't trade me for any other bike, two or four stroke, and even a brand new 200 I'd hesitate at since i've got a bit of $ into mine.

at any rate I'm pretty much a spode but I can at least keep the back of the pack in sight and the sweep rider from running me over. The power is beautiful and I love it. I like 125s on the track or in flat woods, and they're fun for a while, but mine's better.

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
Congrats on the KTM. I just bought the same bike ('99 200 EXC) a few weeks ago and am hoping to get it out for the first time this weekend.

Top Bottom