gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by CanadianRidr
I called 3 agents. Cheapest price I could find was 1400 bucks round trip.
I'm thinking you didn't look too hard. $394.25 US ($620.03CAD) on expedia.com Oct. 1-6 out of Calgary. $406.81US out of Edmonton :think:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Now we're talkin more affordable!

Got you PM and replied.

I can't believe you got your levers bored! That's got to add at least two more HP!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by Thump
LMFAO.... Yeah its him. :silly: and he don't just look fast. he is fast!
Hang on just a minute there Mister. That's a pic of TwinSpank, not me. I wear my spode badge with pride. :cool:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Aimee thanks for finding that but I get this on expedia.ca

No flights were found between Edmonton, AB (YEG-Intl.) and Stillwater, OK, United States (SWO-Searcy Field) that matched your request.

But when I called Marlin travel they said that the flight is not a common one. And I would have to go to Oklahoma city? Pardon the ignorance, im Canadian :confused:

And I was also told that most of these sites are bogus in my application, what ever that means? :think:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
You would have to fly into Oklahoma City, but it's only about 45 mins from Stillwater. GETMETOCA is flying in to OKC as well. We offered to pick her up, but I think she will be renting a car.
Try this link, http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?tovr=2002051102&ps3u=
I'm not sure if it will work though.

Dang it, I was hoping that link would take you to the itinerary but it doesn't.
But trust me, Edmonton to OKC, Oct. 1-6 is $406.81US on Air Canada. It still seems kind of expensive in CAD but it's better than the 1,400.00 you were getting.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Expedia.com is legit, i used it to get to the Pontiac SX. The tickets worked and my room was reserved when i got there. I was alittle hesitant at first too.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
According to mapblast.com it's 74 miles from OKC airport to Stillwater, OK
But what I don't get is it says it will take 1 hour 22 minutes. :think: Maybe there are a lot of backwoods roads or something but I used to drive 100 miles from Santa Barbara to my Mother's in Pasadena in 1 hour 17 minutes (best time) :confused: 74 miles should take less than an hour if I'm driving. :)

B

biglou

Aimee-It's about 14 miles from Stillwater proper to Cooperland. That makes about 88 miles total from the airport. Roughly 1.5 hrs if you're traveling at the posted speed limit of .85 ludicrous! :D

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Actually Lou it's between Stillwater and OKC. So you need to subtract. ;) Boy, it's fun to catch you in a mistake.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by gospeedracer
According to mapblast.com it's 74 miles from OKC airport to Stillwater, OK
But what I don't get is it says it will take 1 hour 22 minutes. :think: Maybe there are a lot of backwoods roads or something but I used to drive 100 miles from Santa Barbara to my Mother's in Pasadena in 1 hour 17 minutes (best time) :confused: 74 miles should take less than an hour if I'm driving. :)
Pfft! You outta staters. You all forgot about the Orange Barrels. If you take Justql's correction of distance, at BigLou's suggested .85L and factor in the Orange Barrels, it will likely take a full 1.5 hours. In BigLou's defense, the OKC airport is on the southwest side of OKC adding at LEAST 15 miles to the distance. Locals know a few side roads to miss construction areas but if you are from outta town, stick to the major routes.
If anyone wants to fly into Tulsa, the distance to Cooperland is about the same, same number of Orange Barrels, well you get the idea. :)

B

biglou

Canolies! Just hung up from talking to Mama. It's a done deal. Elk, Thumbs, zio-Fresh, homemade canolies at my truck at DW! :aj:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by gospeedracer
GETMETOCA is flying in to OKC as well. We offered to pick her up, but I think she will be renting a car.

Canadian, if you're flying into OKC, you and I should hook up and try to fly in around the same timeframe. I'm like 75% sure I'm going to rent a car and we can then get to Stillwater together. I'd feel better if I had someone in the car with me, I tend to get lost. You can be my Director Of Logistics :)

Like Aimee said, she and TTRGuy as well as the Heartland Spodes have offered to do airport shuttling so one way or another, we'll get there!!

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
The Don called by BigLou mentioned:
Canolies! Just hung up from talking to Mama. It's a done deal. Elk, Thumbs, zio-Fresh, homemade canolies at my truck at DW! :aj:

Lou, never had one of them canolies! Swap ya some home fixed deer jerky for one :)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
I just love it when a plan comes together. :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I still haven't heard from Nikki. She gave me some lame excuse a couple of months ago, but I need my memory refreshed. :moon:

I noticed that one of last year's surprisingly fast guys isn't on the list. Motometal, just because you're from Iowa doesn't mean you can't attend this year's soiree. Some of your fellow Iowans are looking for backup. What's your excuse? :p

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I'm thinking it must be extremely difficult for Pred to completly ingore this thread. :)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Especially when an "annoynomous" canadian e-mails it to him daily :p

Wait im suppose to ignoring this thread, ignore mode on :confused:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by BigLou
I've been workin' on him behind the scenes! :D
Yikes! :scream: I just had the most awful mental picture. :confused:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Motometal is in as far as I know. He's waiting for firm answers from a few friends that may be going.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
VD said:
I'm thinking it must be extremely difficult for Pred to completly ingore this thread
I'm peekin' in, writin' down names . . . :D
Then the Canuckleheaded Rider said:
Especially when an "annoynomous" canadian e-mails it to him daily
Huh? Have not seen emails from you, my canuckleheaded friend, eh?
Then the following took place, where Lou began with:
I've been workin' on him behind the scenes!

Then VD exclaimed:
Yikes! I just had the most awful mental picture!

Then Zio, ever the witty one, said
"Hey Pred, you look like you could use a massage"
Like I said, I'm lookin' in from time to time, takin' down names . . .

(Zoinks! Keep it above the waist there, Lou!):eek:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom