Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Oh man...I recognize those showers....6 months of those during the Gulf War....ahh, the fond memories....

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Joe Diver said:
Oh man...I recognize those showers....6 months of those during the Gulf War....ahh, the fond memories....

Yup ... Salute! One each ...

Heater, Immersion, Liquid Fuel Fired, 35,000 BTU Output for Corrugated Cans (Military Model M67), NSN 4540-00-46906593.

I have another in the garage as well. They were a bear to locate. The military has quit using them. They work very well, to the point that the water is hot enough to need some cold mixed in to keep it from burning the skin.

Know how to operate a heater? If so, I might well put you in charge of them this year. ;)

Since you are part of Camp Tejas if you come you can carve out a corner in my 16x35 GP Medium tent as well.

Have I mentioned the 6 foot girl I am bringing? :aj:

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Tony Eeds said:
Yup ... Salute! One each ...

Heater, Immersion, Liquid Fuel Fired, 35,000 BTU Output for Corrugated Cans (Military Model M67), NSN 4540-00-46906593.

Ahh...the big sunken donut....roaring like a lion...how many times did I pull KP in the field, washing dishes in a trash can with one of those!

Tony Eeds said:
Know how to operate a heater? If so, I might well put you in charge of them this year. ;)

It's been 15 years but I can probably still blow one up... :yikes:

Tony Eeds said:
Since you are part of Camp Tejas if you come you can carve out a corner in my 16x35 GP Medium tent as well.

I still have my military cot that will go well in the medium...I just need a pancho to corner off my little spot....heck, I'll even pack out a duffel to stuff underneath it and might even wear BDU's....You know, just thinking about it, I can already smell that tent...got a couple of Yukon's in case it gets cold? :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Joe Diver said:
...got a couple of Yukon's in case it gets cold? :cool:

Cold should not be a problem. I will have the Wild Turkey if needed.

Last year we kept the sides rolled up until the wind got so bad that we were woried that gear would blow away. The tents smell just like they did at Fort Hood in the 70's.

At this point there are only about 5 of us committed to the tent so we have plenty of room. I'll put your name on the reserved list for room 201.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
oldguy said:
AAAHHHH the one with the view of the porta potty :yikes:

As long as I can't smell them or have to go fill them with diesel/mogas and stand there stirring the sizzling, flaming..... :fft:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Joe Diver said:
As long as I can't smell them or have to go fill them with diesel/mogas and stand there stirring the sizzling, flaming..... :fft:

TMI !!!!! :uh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Tony Eeds and edited by oldguy said:
Have I mentioned the 6 foot girl I am bringing? :aj:

I thought I was crazy when I read this line, until I saw who edited my post. :rotfl:

Grill not girl, although tall women are totally cool in my book ...

Top Bottom