the kdx is outta service for a while

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
so well i think it was last thursday and she fired up, then i gave it a blip of throttle and she died. so i fired it up again, and the kickstart lever stayed down at the peg. so i brought it back up with my foot, and she was running so i went to give it some throttle and im twisting away and nothing is happening. so i shut it off and start playing with it. and then i told my dad and he said the throttle cable broke. so i got one of them on order, and my kickstart shaft was crooked in the hole. and i could see a chunk of the case broken around the KS shaft. so my dad and i took it apart today and we found that the kickstart shaft was cracked width wise. and there is a chunk outta the case around KS shaft. my outer seal that seals around the kickstart shaft is f***ed. so here is my list of parts to price out and order. kickstart shaft, outer seal, case(gonna get a price on this), clutch lever by the case(not on the bars. and a case gasket. so another trip to the local kawi shop for more expensive parts. i dont think these parts are gonna be cheap either. i got everything ripped apart at the moment, now just gotta shove new parts in it.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
ya i got a throttle cable on its way too for it. ya it sucks. my mom isnt too ahppy that i took it apart, but my dad said take it apart. and of course i cant really put it back together till i get some parts.

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
yup well my parts shoulda been here this week but they are not coming. becuase of the kickstart shaft and little clutch lever that goes into the case is discontinued. so now i have no idea what im gonna do. so my riding is done for the year on the bike. but since it has snowed here a couple of times i think its time to take out the quad.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom