19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
I have been persisting with my bike for ages now, putting up with sluggish performance and a sometimes refusal to rev. Finally I got my act together and leaned the carb out, I am in oz and have the 28mm carb. Anyway, it had a 122 main in it and I dropped it one size to a 120 and the difference is nothing short of remarkable. I cant believe the effect that a difference in .02 of a mm can make..... Now I understand what you guys who properly jet your bike are talking about, this is a dirt cheap and really easy job that everyone should do....make sure your bike is jetted properly. Im going to keep going with the carb now so that its perfect.

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Man with the 28mm SR carb you really should try and get your hands on a 35mm non-SR unit. It would make your KDX sing...

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
Yeah I plan on doing that, it must make a big difference. Should I stick to the Keihin units or would a 34mm Mikuni do a similar job?

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Stick with the Keihan unit. Assuming that the port timing is the same on your SR model then your jetting should fall right into line with everybody else's with the 35mm carby.

Top Bottom