Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yup, factories use the rule to race the bikes before they are in production... not sure what all they are allowed to do, full on works bikes died a long time ago. Why an aluminum tank I wonder?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I read some were on the net this week that RC stated his training is not scheduled to peak until A1. Thats two weeks away boys & girls. RC will be there come A1.

No doubt JS looked very good at the first two races. Its a start, but by no means is it domination. If JS wins the first 5 rounds. Only then, will I start betting Okie's money on the kid. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
re: production rule and works bike exemption . . .

From what I understand, even if the bike is in production, you can use the works exemption. Suzuki used it last year on the Leprechaun's RMZ450 outdoors, and I have heard rumblings that Kawasaki is using it with Jimmy's KXF450. So, yes, RC's RMZ is far closer to production than Stewart's KXF is allowed to be. BUT, I have also heard rumblings that the KXF is closer to the production model than they have to be.

Kinda makes you think, or maybe not. Heck, I'm not sure I understand what I just typed there.

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
RMCoastie said:
Bets for the race that we will see Stewart being carried off by the ambulance cart? Im going with Anaheim 2 at the latest.
Let crash / ambulance be the last thought on all our minds, we wish all these riders good health, to be able enjoy great racing than before, i wish KW was healthy. This gives us something to urgue,bet or write about, also remember it's not only JBS that can crash, anyone of these riders can have a season / career ending crash even during practice. A1 is always the worst race of the season, like last A1 amost all the riders tested the ground, it could be anyone's race like Ryan Clerk, MC / others. A1 sucks, could even be worse this year.

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
While a healthy Stewart is always a nightmare for everyone else...I'm thrilled to see him step it up!

1. RC and Reed DID NOT look comfy on their 4 bangers...indoors!

2. Will they return to a 2-stroke INDOORS so they can hang it out more?

3. Team Honda's SX effort is suddenly hurting with the unfortunate loss of Windham. :( Will they take Ferry in house for SX?? Larocco, Ernie, and Preston are great but...

4. I'm disappointed to see Nathan Ramsey Cherry Pick for yet another year! C'mon KTM, move him up where he belongs! :)

5. Damn , the Pro-Circuit/Kawasaki/Monster Lites team looks strong on paper. (Langston needs to move to the big class too though! :(

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
So far all I can find is the Amateur version regarding homologation:
AMA rule book, Chapter 3-A-2.

“For a motorcycle . . . to be approved [as production] the manufacturer must apply to the AMA, register the machine’s specifications, provide photographs and prove 100 identical, completed machines of the same model are available for sale to the general public at multiple dealer showrooms throughout all six AMA regions.”

I've looked all over the AMA pro racing rulebook to try and find the "works bike exemption" rules, but to no avail. They are here: http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/pdf/mx 06 Rulebook.pdf

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Tiger said:
While a healthy Stewart is always a nightmare for everyone else...I'm thrilled to see him step it up!

1. RC and Reed DID NOT look comfy on their 4 bangers...indoors!

2. Will they return to a 2-stroke INDOORS so they can hang it out more? No way.

3. Team Honda's SX effort is suddenly hurting with the unfortunate loss of Windham. :( Will they take Ferry in house for SX?? Larocco, Ernie, and Preston are great but...
4. I'm disappointed to see Nathan Ramsey Cherry Pick for yet another year! C'mon KTM, move him up where he belongs! :)
AGREED
5. Damn , the Pro-Circuit/Kawasaki/Monster Lites team looks strong on paper. (Langston needs to move to the big class too though! :(

1. Did Stewart? Humm....
2. No way.
3. Ferry is done.
4. Nate does need to move up
5. LANGSTON IS A LIFETIME CHERRY PICKER.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
IMHO Reed is definitely having trouble with the bike...He is not his normal indoor self.

Also I counted RC in 8th at the start.....

Everyone will be waiting to see the matchup when RC and BS start close to each other...Bubba looked good despite a few bobbles and much smoother than last year...Definitely an improved Bubba...Will it be enough ? Lots of races ahead.

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
Did anybody notice in both Toronto and Vancouver rounds, almost 60% of the field line-up was all Hondas,and 0 podium results [heat races/main] at the end of both rounds [0% returns].

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
"The wife says Stewart"............needs to teach RC the lawn sprinkler dance. :yikes:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
XRpredator said:
I've looked all over the AMA pro racing rulebook to try and find the "works bike exemption" rules, but to no avail. They are here: http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/pdf/mx 06 Rulebook.pdf

Page 4 Chapter 1.B Talks about the homologation rule and the fact more info can be had from the AMA Pro Racing Office.

Going off memory I believe they need to have 200 Units in the country available for sale by June 1st to be homologated and there for legal to run based off the production rule. Each manufacturer was given a one time works exemption which Suzuki used last year even though the RMZ450 met the homologation rules. I think this was a key factor in getting RC signed. All I've seen released from Kawasaki indicates they are not using their works expemption with the 450 this season. KTM had previously used their works exemption and had to meet the homologation rule with the 250F's last summer.

ben s

Dec 17, 2005
Yeah, RC wasn't using the '05 frame (for MX), he chose to use a different frame, that's why he had a custom made aluminium tank.

Last edited:

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Okiewan said:
Well then, that's it, no one can come back from 8th on lap one to win, not even RC.

I thought starts made a difference??? Especially for two guys that are that close in speed ????

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
RC never looks good on the west coast. He seems much more comfortable in the east. My take was it would depend on where K-dub and Reed ended up between the two. As far as speed, Bubba has it. Patience looks to be there for now. If he gets a good points lead b4 the series goes east its over. Remember a few years ago DV would have won the title had he not chose to sit out Daytona. I think we should get our money's worth this year. And even if Bubba wins the sx title i still think he will come up short outside. He still has to prove he can run the pace in harsh conditions. :aj:

And btw don't be fooled Kawi did there homework on that thumper. :cool:

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
Insecure Honda owners...

Philip said:
I don't think its that good Okie! :laugh:

Even "The Wife says Stewart..." thread turns into a Honda CRF450 is the best bike thread! :coocoo:

With K-Dub now out, you Hondaboys better get used to Yellow and Green! :nener:

Last edited:

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Honda may go all SX season without a single podium...Good bike, but no one to ride it to the top 3.

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
john3_16 said:
Honda may go all SX season without a single podium...Good bike, but no one to ride it to the top 3.
After this season i can see honda throughing a big money contract in either CR or JBS's face, both yamaha and kawasaki gonna have to be ready match the offer.

ben s

Dec 17, 2005
MAECHO said:
After this season i can see honda throughing a big money contract in either CR or JBS's face, both yamaha and kawasaki gonna have to be ready match the offer.
Hey, you're not a woman, don't even pretend you can foresee the future! :)

MAECHO

Mod Ban
Aug 8, 2005
ben s said:
Hey, you're not a woman, don't even pretend you can foresee the future! :)
Hey try to cut down on your silly personal attacks , keep it racing sports talk, respect other peoples opinion and damn rights as much as you want to be respected.So try to pull your head out your A$$$$''';;;;;;;; .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom