380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Or the politicians not in our favor have the control! No doomsday idea there. And totally possible...........

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
380EXCman said:
Or the politicians not in our favor have the control! No doomsday idea there. And totally possible...........
so we'll be forced to be more stealthy in order to dodge the law dogs that will be chasing us.

I'm all for being quiet now while it's still legal for me to ride, rather than later when I'm trying to elude The Man.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Okiewan said:
I agree with the first couple of sentences ... I do not prescribe to the doomsday opion after that however. As mentioned before, Noise is the one problem that EVERYONE can relate to... saving the sand snails isn't enough motovation to get the masses going... problematic? Yes. The fact remains, Noise is the number one problem and if the day 380 predicted comes, it'll be because our bikes are too loud.
Exactly........stupid is stupid.
If I'm throwing back the beers, doing donuts in the campground/pits, in my shorts and no helmet, thinking I'm some kind of hero and impressing someone.........I'm an idiot......say something to me! But, if my bike is quiet....only the nearby campers/riders know I'm there. (Although the "idiot" thing is still an issue)

bigol3

Jul 22, 2001
By no means am I trying to say that excess noise is good, nor necessary.....but rather I don't think the real issue....in most cases....is the noise.

There are the tree hugger groups that just do not want bikes on public property.....period. They say the bikes destroy the natural enviroment. I think it is EASIER for them to get the bikes banned on the loud noise, than it is on the destruction of the enviroment BS.

As a general rule, the noise level from todays bike (even the modified ones) is less (overall), than it was 20 years ago......yet the uproar over the noise level continues. I do not think it will ever go away, regardless if ALL bikes are below the 96 db level.

PAC is what is needed. It will take a stronger political lobby.......IMHO.

Top Bottom