Things you learn over the years. Post here.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
sand can pack every orifice on your cranium, even with a helmet on

the piece of driftwood poking out of the dune could be a root that is still attached and is best to be avoided

if your friend brings a 9mm to the campground you will be thrown out even if he is an off duty officer and its better than firecrackers AND its the 4th of July

if you invite too many people on a dirtbiking weekend, it is best not to bring your tools because someones $#!t will continually need fixing

if you tell your boss youre going riding and he says " be careful, we have to have you here next week, theres a deadline" its best not to tempt fate. also a good idea never to tell him your going riding again.

if you use the bathroom in the office in the AM and theres a chance a woman may go in there before you can find the plunger, it is best to come storming out of their yelling "my gosh, what did Mark(the IT guy) have for dinner yesterday

it is best not to start new threads containing only a link to a news story

it is OK to nickname your somewhat eccentric girlfriend "my little rockstar"

if said rockstar asks how she recieved said name...........LIE.

by no means is it acceptable to a woman to recieve her nickname because she looks like a sluit in a Rob Zombie video, even if thats the look she is going for

it will take 6-13 days before you are allowed to have another sleepover with the rockstar. more to the latter if you continue to call her rockstar..........to be continued

if you kick the snot out of an inner city garbage man, expect no less than 3 garbage trucks to be parked on your lawn doing their best to get you out of the house

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
I never said I wasn't lazy. Hell, I got electric start.

Pred is so lazy even his butt has electric start. :whoa:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
So who was that girl you named Rockstar :laugh:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
trial_07 said:
So who was that girl you named Rockstar :laugh:

i still call her rockstar.............we'll see if thats a good idea or not, only time will tell. this is as interesting as it is fun, this one is different :p

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Haha!

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
Hiting a feild wash out in 5th gear hurts.

When you have the front wheel off the bike don't touch the front brake.

When your Dad says that the next 20 miles of wood section sucks, more than likley it does.

Unless you are on a diffrent planet, A suzuki RMX 250 is heavy, hot, and full of pointy moving thing when on top of you.

Being thrown over the bars slows time to almost a complete stop. You know just enough time for you to reflect on what has happened, what is happening, and what is going to be the outcome of what is going to happen.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Akira said:
Being thrown over the bars slows time to almost a complete stop. You know just enough time for you to reflect on what has happened, what is happening, and what is going to be the outcome of what is going to happen.
And the thought "This is going to hurt..."

Ditches arent fun when your 50 miles from nowhere and you hit it in 5th gear.

Riding through another 40 miles of sand with balding knobbies isnt even joke worthy.

Having other people laugh at you because you fall down with balding tires isnt enjoyable.

Laughing even harder at those people who crash in sand after you who have treaded tires and proceed to blame it on their lack of tread is awesome fun.

Dont carry JB weld in your backpack unwrapped and land on your back. Doesnt wipe off with paper towels so well...

Josherichy

Sep 23, 2006
Jumping showing off to impress your friend/s, crowd is a bad idea.

top off fuel

over spry from chain lube is bad... use the straw...

Strap down gear bag... my fall out... even if it is heavy

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Dialing in your suspension will increase your speed far more than buying a new pipe

A steering damper is a safety device as well as a performance device

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dales298 said:
You missed one pred.
Chuck Norris _____ (Fill in blanks)
Dale

Chuck Norris wears Ricky Carmichael underwear. :yikes: ;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
1. The amount of damage sustained when you drop your brand new helmet is directly related to the amount of money you spent on it.

More money = more damage.

2. Always be absolutely certain you hung up the phone before you start cussing the woman you were just talking to.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
JuliusPleaser said:
2. Always be absolutely certain you hung up the phone before you start cussing the woman you were just talking to.

Make sure the Nextel push-to-talk key isn't pressed against the seatbelt latch in the pickup before doing the above. :whoa:

Dale

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Chokey said:
You haven't endered being roosted until you've had a quarter of a brick hit you square in the nose after being rocketed out of the rear wheel of a CR500.

A brick flying at 60 mph will break your nose.
Softball sized rocks roosting from an XR650 give you a dead arm that lasts days.

Riding another 80 miles the same day with that dead arm is hard.

A Husqvarna TE610 is a rediculously fast bike. Watching the TE610 and the XR650 racing each other go flying by over 100mph when your topped out is amazing.

Finding out later that they werent topped out is humbling.

Watching a friend jump out of a stock tank on an XR80 and feeling showed up. Trying the same jump but 5 feet to the left isnt a good idea unless you know what is on the other side, specifically the 5 foot drop off.

Laughing your arse off because your friend felt showed up and attempted the same jump and ended up sliding into your back tire is a good a way to recindle a friendship that was lost years ago.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Ol'89r said:
Chuck Norris wears Ricky Carmichael underwear. :yikes: ;)
:cool:

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
When working on your bike a "this will only take a few minutes" is equal to hours in real time.

No matter how many times you take apart and put back together your bike you'll always have one bolt or washer left... always :think:

check you brakes for WD-40 especially if you did something to piss off your brother

If a swarm of bees flies over and you duck, leaving your helmet on the truck.... check your helmet for bees

If an obstical looks "just to easy" its proably not

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
RedBull said:
When working on your bike a "this will only take a few minutes" is equal to hours in real time.

No matter how many times you take apart and put back together your bike you'll always have one bolt or washer left... always :

Remind me to not ever let you work on my bike... :whoa:

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
A few things I have learned;

1) Slamming into a tree cartoon style doesn't feel as funny as it looks.

2) A dirtbike actually gains 10 pounds for every 15 minutes that you have to push it. It usually ends up weighing about 600 pounds by the time you get home.

3) If you are a teenage girl and a guy/boy shows up in your yard with his bike, your father will go out of his way to drop, scratch, run over, or dump the boys bike. If the bike is in the boys truck, your father will back into the boys prized truck ( still haven't forgiven Dad for that).

4) Four -stroke people do not take kindly to having their bikes compared to a lawnmower or vaccuum cleaner.

5) Skidding along on your face with your feet touching the back of your helmet is not funny.

6) The chances of your bike stalling increase dramaticially when you are riding through water.

7) Little dirtbikes ARE NOT HARMLESS no matter how pathetic they look. They are posessed.

8) I am going to punch the next person who pushes me off of my bike or pushes me and my bike over. Just because I am small and can only get one foot on the ground and am super easy to push off of my bike, DOES NOT mean that I can't get up and seriously pound whoever did it to me. :yell: It isn't funny.

9) I am going to get chewed out for bringing this aincent topic back up again. :uh:

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2007
This topic is awesome.

If someone pokes you with a stick, the appropriate action is to take the stick away from them, NOT attack them with that stick. Chances are, since you're smaller, that you'll lose.

If you crash, and can't stand up, it's probably best not to say "I'm fine!" Someone might believe you.

Someone will always be there to laugh at you and your stupidity.

If you know it's going to be a crazy race, on a huge track, don't bring your mom along.

The most faithful car will run until the very end, usually, that end occurs when you are 3-4 hours from home, when you have a trailer and dirtbike along, and nothing will ever make that car run again.

If you screw up, do it with confidence. Chances are that no one will notice.

College really is about the art of BS. The better you can turn nothing into something, the easier it will be.

The one time you don't mix an extra gallon of fuel, will be the day you need it most.

Anything that goes wrong, is usually do to user/rider error.

If someone is truly intent on doing you harm, don't poke them with a stick, or anything else for that matter.

Guys will never *just* want to "hang out at your place."

A 3 so...will definitely screw up your marriage, even if it was crazyfun.

Don't sleep with a knife under your pillow if you have violent nightmares. Even if your neighborhood is weird. Your walls and arms will never forgive you.

Never underestimate the power of a hug or smile. They can deadly!

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
Never jump side by side with another C class rider

that one is for sure. thats how I went to the hospital this summer 2x. the first we were side by side and upon landing he went sideways straight into me. the 2nd one tried to pass me over the same jump and his bike landed on me. i broke my tailbone, goggles, helmet and broke a rib.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
imbackkid said:
*noone has ever completely mastered a bike, no matter what they think, and as soon as they lose respect for it, they get hurt.

* don't let your friends ride your stuff
* diconnect the spark plug so your friends can't ride your stuff
*theres a safety on nailguns for a reason.
*it's in your best interest to have selective hearing, not bad hearing, so keep your bike qiet and your helmet on. best to pretend you have an excuse for not hearing someone say something to you then to actually have one :)
Don't forget "Don't piss off forum moderators"

krushnburn

Apr 4, 2008
Don't ride the 125 2 stroke that your friend bought for $250 with a dead shock.

Don't pretend to be RC on the 125 2 stroke that your friend bought for $250 with a dead shock.

Riding with a freshly dislocated shoulder somehow leads to more injuries.

Don't accidentally shift to 1st gear when your red-lining 2nd.

Don't "test" your new setup on the streets of your busy town.

Don't "test" your new setup on the streets of your busy town when there's bored cops around.

"No Trespassing" magically attracts police officers.

Downhill bicycle parts WILL NOT work on your MX bike.

Last edited:
May 10, 2007
When someone says Look no hands dont look.

When you say Look No hands think about what you are doing

rushing to fix something the night before a big ride tends to screw you over for said ride.

never pass someone who cant ride a straight line

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom