Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
ok i got some pictures, im not sure if it that great of a deal but maybe it is. Anyway it was sitting so it has some rust.... I guess he was selling it outside... thats what he said. He has an atv that is like mint and a Wr250 that is really nice too, so as far as taking care of the bike it may be good.

It has new pads front and rear, new air filter, Renthal bars, 94 kx forks, not sure if they are better than stock. Top end was done about 4 years ago. The only thing missing is the tail light and the right side cover. The head light is off of the 94 kx forks cause it came with the whole front end.

It needs seals in the forks, and the front brakes are not very good, im thinking they need a bleeding. I was pushing on them prettu hard but they didnt work very well. It wasnt leaking so im not sure. It also is gonna need chain and sprockets soon. In the last picture you can see the dent in the pipe.

here are the pics.

http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc252&image=41714_kdx.jpg

http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc22&image=41722_kdx5.jpg

http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc85&image=41730_KDX_1.jpg

http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc261&image=41738_kdx_2.jpg

http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc229&image=41746_kdx_3.jpg

http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc228&image=41758_kdx_4.jpg

xr100ider

Jan 31, 2003
i wouldn't touch it with a 10ft. long pole.....i might say 20ft, but that would be stretching it a bit....

if he had a mind to let it sit out in the rain, i can only think of the condition that it's in. i say stay away.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
how much was he asking for it? It doesnt look horrible and i have def seen worse. It really all depends on price and how much work it will really need but it looks like basics, brakes, sprockets, chain, and a good cleaning

May 18, 2006
lol good lord, that chain is prob so stiff you could shoot pool with it when straightend out! it looks like that bike has been neglected to be blunt with you. if your looking for a nice bike thats not it...

Jun 5, 2006
holy lord.....1500?? I wouldn't even pay 600 or 700. If i were u i'd look for a bike that was already in decent condition instead of buying something like that. Not only are there a lot of things wrong with it cosmetically, there could a lot of issues inside. By the way, what year bike are we looking at?

DirtDawger

Jun 24, 2000
$1500 would be insane on that bike. $600 sounds pretty fair if the motor runs and goes through the gears. If the motor is good plan on another $600 or so to bring it back up to par. KDX can take alot of abuse and keep on ticking. If you buy it consider it a labor of love otherwise look for a nicer bike in a higher price range.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
$1500, no way! I only got $1600 out of my CR125 that was in perfect condition and had tons of aftermarket goodies.

no more than $600 like everyone else said. Looks like it sat outside more than just since it has been for sale.

May 18, 2006
look, alot of us say its junk............ well, its a "fix er upper" what am i trying to say....... its junk. watch the papers, good bikes are out there. this is not one of them.

id give 450 max, tell him its junk and its no hope asking for more.

Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
alright, we went to look at the bike. Rads are straight, no graphics but some stickers, tires are both about 80%. Rear rotor is worn but you can use it probably for another season or two. Pads in front and rear are like 75%. Seat had a small tear. The headlight was aftermarket and had two small lights. I only saw that one worked. It has an fmf Gnarly pipe on the bike and a aluminum guard. It has a skid plate. No bark busters. The swingarm and kickstand were painted like a brown and black, weird color, and the frame was kinda painted on the wear marks poorly. But it is not evident from a distance. It has a procircut silencer which is pretty quite. It ran really nice, good throttle response. It started 3 kicks cold at the dealer. Plastic was a tad scuffed up but not too bad. It has a heavier Race tech rear spring and fork springs. Seals were good. no play in swingarm or wheel bearings. Overall maybe a 8 of 10. The dealer said i could have it for $1700 but i said i would wait and see if he would take $1600. Does that seem like a good price?? Or should we wait for a better deal? thanks

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Ryan12833 said:
alright, we went to look at the bike. Rads are straight, no graphics but some stickers, tires are both about 80%. Rear rotor is worn but you can use it probably for another season or two. Pads in front and rear are like 75%. Seat had a small tear. The headlight was aftermarket and had two small lights. I only saw that one worked. It has an fmf Gnarly pipe on the bike and a aluminum guard. It has a skid plate. No bark busters. The swingarm and kickstand were painted like a brown and black, weird color, and the frame was kinda painted on the wear marks poorly. But it is not evident from a distance. It has a procircut silencer which is pretty quite. It ran really nice, good throttle response. It started 3 kicks cold at the dealer. Plastic was a tad scuffed up but not too bad. It has a heavier Race tech rear spring and fork springs. Seals were good. no play in swingarm or wheel bearings. Overall maybe a 8 of 10. The dealer said i could have it for $1700 but i said i would wait and see if he would take $1600. Does that seem like a good price?? Or should we wait for a better deal? thanks

Are you still talking about the KDX? If so have you not read the previous posts, I would stay away from that bike unless is a few hundred $$$

Where are you located at anyway?

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
i'd make a list of what it needs to get it mechanicly sound. so:

sprockets(front and rear)
chain etc.
then price it out then you'll see if its worth it or not.on the first KDX u mentioned.

Top Bottom