jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Holy crap Gary! I hope things are OK with you man.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeff

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Great to hear the good news Gary!!!!

Now, go have a beer, and go riding (not necessarily in that order... :think: )

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Guess I shoulda jumped down to the last post before responding, lol

Glad to hear that you are OK.
I hope I never have one of those suckers. Kinda sounds like a bad acid trip!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Good to hear things are lookin' up. now get to riding :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well THAT'S good news!!

Now...you really need to cut out all the healthy crap. I'm sure that's got have something to do with it :ohmy:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
good news Gary.

All that healthy living can't be good for you. Stop off at Burger King and the local package store once in a while ;)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
RV sorry to here about your episode, glad you are doing better :cool:

It also sounds like with the lack of control on your facial expressions that you had Bells Palsy.

The most common cause of facial weakness which comes on suddenly is referred to as "Bell's palsy." This disorder is probably due to the body's response to a virus: in reaction to the virus the facial nerve within the ear (temporal) bone swells, and this pressure on the nerve in the bony canal damages it.(Try to stay on topic, I know the use of the words swelling, pressure, and bone in the same phrase can lead ones mind to wander)
If these nerve fibers are irritated, then movements of the facial muscles appear as spasms or twitching. The facial nerve not only carries nerve impulses to the muscles of the face, but also to the tear glands, to the saliva glands, and to the muscle of the stirrup bone in the middle ear (the stapes). It also transmits taste from the front of the tongue. Since the function of the facial nerve is so complex, many symptoms may occur when the fibers of the facial nerve are disrupted. A disorder of the facial nerve may result in twitching, weakness, or paralysis of the face, in dryness of the eye or the mouth, or in disturbance of taste.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Bell's Palsy was a consideration, however, the slurred speech and vertigo where clear signs (to everyone but me that is) of a stroke. I feel 100% :yeehaw:

I spent 4 hours riding with some friends Sunday afternoon. After the week I had, it felt great to be back on a bike.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
rv6junkie said:
I spent 4 hours riding with some friends Sunday afternoon. After the week I had, it felt great to be back on a bike.
Good for you! :ride: :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Great to hear Gary!

Top Bottom