ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
I was just wondering what you guys think of 130mm high handle bars... I'm 6'4, but I don't want to look like I'm riding a quad. Is 130mm too high? The modle is the renthal 6.5 motocross bend. Right now, I have what I think to be about 75mm high bars with just about as much sweep. (if it helps their a weird metallic purple color renthal bars(keep in mind they came with the bike, I didn't choose them...) But at my height, there really low.

Thanks

Eric

Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
I'm 6' 3". I have FatBar #604-01(RC bend) on my XR400 with Applied triple clamps. I put the handlebar mounts in the forward position and it feels great.
The specs on the bar are listed as: Width = 802, Height = 99, Rise = 65, Clamp width = 200, Sweep = 54.

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
Thanks for the replys guys, I was hoping someone wouuld notice my post. If your 6,3 and you feel good with 99mm's, than I guess 130mm's might be too high, I'll have a look and see what models they have that are around 100mm's. Like I said, I don't want my ride to look like a quad... The only thing I have to consider is that I still have stock triple clamps, so I have to get 7/8th bars and I cant move them forward...(there gonna go too, but I'm kind of tight on money right now, so I figured getting rid of the 75mm(approx) bars that were on the bike when I bought it would be first on my list..)

okieguy

Apr 3, 2002
I use the Tag yz double high on my yz250 and very happy with the feel. I am not sure of the rise but I think it tells on the web site.

I would not want to go any higher.

By the way I am 6'5"

Guy

Top Bottom