Three kicks and its ready to rip

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Got the KDX220 out for the first time this season. Put in the clean air filter, and some fresh gas, and it fired right up on the third kick. I was impressed! It took it a while to really warm up and pull hard though. Put she is right on now, took it out along with my buddy to a new area we found. Running like a top. Well, the top didn't seem to pull too hard, maybe its just me. Is there an easy way to check the powervalve, so make sure its working ok? Thanks.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I got mine fired up after only three kicks after a top end job too! As for your KIPS, unscrew the big cover with the slot in it on the left hand side of the cylinder. Start your bike and rev it up a bit. You should see the gear move at about 1/4 throttle. To check your main valve and sub valves, disconnect the actuator arm coming up from the engine from the main rod. Then you can open and close the powervalves by turning this gear/rod. Take your pipe off and look up the exhaust port and twist the gear. You should see the sub vlaves open and the main valve retract. I hope this helps a bit.

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Thanks, I'll give that a look'n into. I'm pretty sure everything is fine, I just couldn't remember how it felt exactly, so I want to be sure. Thanks again.

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Maybe I have a weak leg! ;) It really did surprise me, cause she tends to be alittle cold blooded. If I just keep telling myself not to touch the gas, then it'll fire right up. But if I keep the throttle open, I'm just wasting time, and leg power!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom