Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
For the last couple of years, I have not had the time to keep up on SX. Finally, this year, I have been able to catch nearly every race. It is cool to see MC back in the upper portion of the pack. But what the hell happened to Tim Ferry? I mean, wasn't he pretty fast just a couple of years ago? And Vullimen, did he even finish the last race? I was out of it way too long!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
TIm has been fighting injuries for the last few seasons. From what I hear he is finally healthy but it appears his speed left him during the healing process.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I figured that was probably the case. Thanks

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
as for DV I think he is going the same speed but the pack got that much faster, he obviously had a bad night at san diego but he is barely top 10 speed these days it seems. This is the most talented field I remeber in both classes. It amazing the guys that are battling for transfer spots in the heats, A sure sign that the sport is getting bigger is that very few "average joe's" make the main thses days.

Ferry's is the same problem I think, while he was getting back to 2002 race speed eveyone stepped it up so much he can't compete. Mcgrath is only a few years out from winning these races and he seems amazed at the speed of RC and Stewart.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
if rc retires mc podiums :aj:

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
Tim is improving each race. If he can stay healthy and keep charging, he should be pulling some good results by the end of SX

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
McGrath even said that he thinks he's as fast or faster than ever. The top guys have simply gotten faster. Stewart may even notch it up farther, a year or two more into his career, as he takes over from RC and really hits his stride. Going to be tough for Villopoto and Alessi et al. to catch him.

Top Bottom