ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
Anybody know what tires work well in this area. I am heading out there next weekend for the first time. Not sure what kind of terrain we will be riding, probably a bit of everything.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Ultra,

Yes you'll be riding a bit of everything. I run an IRC VE 33. This is by no means an endorsement.(actually I don't change tires to ride Moab) and I'm too much of a spode to tell much of a difference.

You'll have to find a tire that likes sand, yet will hod up to riding slickrock, which if you've ridden it you know has better traction than pavement. If you ride LaSal Mtn at all you'll find loamy dirt and mud and rocks and rocks and rocks;)

If this is your first trip to Moab, remeber this is Mtn Bike central. They are thick around the area so PLEASE keep this in mind as we are in real jepordy of losing this great riding area. So be cool.

If you want some info on the area e-mail me.

Rod

ultrachrome

Oct 25, 1999
I'm not going to Moab to raise hell. As long as the mtb'ers don't park their bikes on the trail, I promise not to ride over them.;)

Seriously, I'll be concientious of that fact. Actually we are going to ride with a tour group so I imagine they will steer us in the right direction.

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
We went to Canyonlands area last year to do the 5 miles of hell and the tire of choice seemed to be a trials tire. Those that didn't have the trials tires, ran VERY low air pressure. I think they make a tire that is part trials and part moto but can't remember the brand. Good luck anyways,

Brenda

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom