cjfolse

Mar 1, 2004
Hello out there. I've got a question for whoever feels like reading.

First let me just say that I recently moved from Louisiana to North Texas and yes, the dirt is MUCH different here. I have been riding in Southern Louisiana most of my life and have become custom to harder packed dirt.

So, my question is: Does anyone have any recommendations on a good set of tires for the more sandy terrain?

Caleb

cjfolse

Mar 1, 2004
A combination of a few things.

1. Career Enhancement (EDS Corporate Headquarters is in here in Plano)
2. My Fiance' is going to Graduate school in Dallas
3. The motocross tracks

I guess the job was the driving factor but regardless, I like it here in Texas and can't wait to get some of my family members to relocate out here as well.

Caleb

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Walt !!!! :yell: I defended your chili and you talk like that about us!!!

Caleb ... I run an M12 on my rear and an S12 on the front ... of course I can't remember the last time I road on a track ... are they anything like the woods? :nod:

Actually around here they are ...

Twinkles, Jeff(s) and Thump will have more accurate suggestions.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Good sand tires: D-756, D-773, Mich. S-12, Mich. Starcross, Pirelli MT44, Bridgestone M32. I run whatever I can find cheap.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
The 756 is a great tire for about 4 rides, then it gets rounded. They just don't last IMO.

I have been running Kenda Milleville and S-12's as of late.
I plan on running the 756 up front with either the S-12 or Kenda in the back. I have a 756 in the back now, but it has 3 rides on it, lol!

Caleb - You are at EDS??? Me too!

-=jeffd

cjfolse

Mar 1, 2004
I think I'll try those Dunlops. I have ridden them before and the back tire is great! I am not a big fan of the front tire so I may have to switch it up a little. Regardless, both tires need changing ASAP so thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Jeff,
I work at the Plano headquarters in the main building. Where do you work?

Is anyone going to Badland tomorrow (Wednesday) night?

Top Bottom