PrOLiNe

Apr 26, 2000
I just got a set of Dunlop 752 soft terrain tires, I dont even know what was on there before, but I noticed on the street the tire breaks loose instead of hooking up when ya get on it. I would have thought the softer the tire the better the traction on anything.
I have to rip bout a mile on the street before I hit the trails near me and although its not good for the tires anyway.....it still is fun ..LOL :)

What would be the best tire to get full traction on the street? I am guessing the hard compound, but just seems opposite of what one would think.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by PrOLiNe
What would be the best tire to get full traction on the street?

Dunlop K491's.....but they won't work for chit in the dirt. So make up your mind....do you wanna ride on the street or the dirt?? Nothing works good both places, it's always a trade off.

msport

Sep 4, 2001
RE: S v H compound

Soft terrain tires have less contact patch due to the wider lug spacing for digging into dirt/sand. Hard terrain tires have closer lugs for better grip on the street, hardpack and rocks.

btencate

Jan 31, 2002
You can buy intermeiate tires that are supposed to work OK for both. Never tried them out so I don't know how well they work but you may want to give them a try.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
intermeiate tires are good for both? Street and Dirt? Please.
I assume you are riding a dual sport? Or are you just trying to make the rest of us look like idiots?

Top Bottom