NEMX305

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2001
I couldn't find the answers to these questions using the search feature. Does the 250E have a wide ratio gear box, or the same close ratio one that the mx models have? Thats kind of important to me. I have always raced converted jap mx bikes in hare scrambles, and always wish I had a lower 1st , and faster 5th. How is the low end power? does it respond well to porting if there is not enough. I checked the online specs for the tranny info, and couldn't find an answer. Any other info on TM's would be helpful. If I go this route, it will be used for A level enduro's and hare scrambles.   Thanks Tim

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Wide ratio gear box, yes. Power is biased towards the topend. All motors can have their power disribution modified, the hard part with a TM is finding someone with TM motor knowledge to do the work.

john1216

Apr 17, 2002
Have you looked for one yet?

My biggest concern with TM 4t models is that very few have been imported, therfore parts are in short order for these.

I spoke with the TM dealer in my area and he claims that about a half dozen or so have come over and that parts, under these circumstances usually will not follow.

It is a shame however because these bikes truly rock!

NEMX305

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by john1216
Have you looked for one yet?

My biggest concern with TM 4t models is that very few have been imported, therfore parts are in short order for these.

I spoke with the TM dealer in my area and he claims that about a half dozen or so have come over and that parts, under these circumstances usually will not follow.

It is a shame however because these bikes truly rock!

Local dealer has one,  leftover for $5200.  I may go over there this weekend , and check it out.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
FWIW, I've had no problem getting parts for my TM 4-stroke and I've had it for more than a year now. It might be a thing with the US distributor, as they stopped importing the 4-strokes but Canada has not.

racertroy

Jul 13, 2003
The E has a six speed gear box, close ratio.

The engine makes OK low end power depending on what bike you are moving from. The motor is case reed induction and as such, bias power to mid-upper rpm range.

Porting is as with any other bike. For low end look for changing deck height, reshape/move exhaust port, modify squish. In order to keep it running out on top, you may also want to have head work to lower cylinder compression.

Hope this helps.

Can anyone tell me the degrees/minutes/secs, # tapers, taper lengths and diameter for an N1ED jet needle?

Thank you,

--ts

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
A six speed gear box!? That explains a lot!
You mean I could ride a lot faster if I'd shift past fifth? I always thought 5th is the last gear....

I once asked James Dean of JD-Jetting about the N1E... needles. He said they are a half clip-position richer than the NOZ... series that KTM uses. Otherwise they are identical (tapers, diameter etc)
So a N1ED with the clip in groove nr.3 from top would be a NOZD with clip in groove 3.5 from top.

Top Bottom