High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Oops... a little late, but...

I'm going to hit TNT tomorrow.  Ivan, and Wrench should be there.

Other possibilities include: Zoomer (he's down from WI!), James, BScottR, ... and YOU!

Track was muddy today, so it sould be perfect tomorrow.  Trails will probably still be slick, though.

Feb 25, 2001
I made it ! we all had fun. I took a good dirt nap and so did James...followed by my silencer falling off and a few other incidents. I think we were jinxed. Conclusion I just put new bars on the bike on saturday and in the fall I bent the new bars & clamps. And boy it was muddy !

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
For those involved, I made it home and thanks for the help. Arm is moving a bit better but I expect to be out for a while. This should give me some time to fit mud tires on my rims. I should have stuck with handing tools to the honda pilot and the spode instead of getting back on the track. I don't think my dismount was as acrobatic as Lee's.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Glad to hear that you sallies are doing OK! :p

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I came up short on the uphill triple and nosedived into the face of the third hump. EDIT: Gomer says I made it to the top so I guess I nose-dived into the top of the hill. All I remember is the front end was way too low and all a could see was dirt. I think the back wheel was spinning rather than digging in coming off the jump. I think I was still riding it until the front wheel hit and then I remember throwing my elbow out to block the mound of dirt that was rushing at my face. Somehow, I landed on my left elbow but ripped the visor off of my helmet on the right side? Have a nice spot on my leg where the handlebar tried to stop me too.

Honda pilot lost it on that step down thing right before the uphill triple. Didn't know he was even there that day. Came around the curve and saw this Kawasaki doing a nose stand and this guy doing ballet moves into the air and down through the woods. Stopped to block traffic and make sure nobody jumped on top of him while he collected himself and then pulled up to see if he was ok afterwards. Saw his face and said: "HEY, I know you!!" I still expect to see him on the Honda. He said he had it pinned in second trying to get the bike to fly right. I always get a nosedive out of that one too.

This all leads me to a question....if the bike is fully wound out in a gear, would that cause a nose-dive effect since the jump face would actually cause a deceleration before take off? This is kinda separate form this incident as I am sure the tire was spinning, but I usually hit that one and the other uphill step up thing wide open in second. My concern is if I run out of gear when it is dry but don't have time to shift.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom