yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well, here goes...

The final race of the TORO season is upon us. I must say that it has been quite a series so far. Will, Chris, Shawn, Bill, and all the other Staff members and volunteers have done an excellent job this year. I can't wait for the next season. If you haven't been to any TORO races this year, you should definately go to the last race at Bonita.

Race flyer is HERE . Hope to see all the regulars this time. Maybe some of you little babies will stay and camp out this time. :eek:

Anybody got any track info? Hardpack and sand. Should be sufficiently whooped out. Some ups and downs, nothin major. And heck, just for fun, maybe a rock thrown in here and there. Also, from what I hear there are some big mounds out in the middle of the trail in some places, but I'm not sure why (just for me to ride around I imagine) :silly: .

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
just picked up my new toyhauler trailer this week and am coming out to the final race unless it rains 10 inches. Bonita is a little hard to get in and out of when it rains that much since it has a lot of flat ground it doesn't drain very well. There are lots of high spots between the swamps but tieing them together is the problem without going through a quagmire. Sold my KDX220 last nite so I am bikeless. Don't know what or when I will get another.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
So you just gonna drive you're new trailer out there with no bike?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Did I hear mounds? And resurfaced! :cool:

I'll be there with a popup in tow. I spent way too much in gas $'s going back and forth to Jacksboro. Camping is much more economic when you drive a gas hog that has to run on premium.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
I'm actually gonna make this one. Probably come down the night before and tough it out in the back of a van. As a non-member do I need to do anything besides show up and pay the entry fee ($30+$5+$5 for Pro?). I probably won't make Saturday practice, can I take my time on the parade lap to scope jumps and such?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well me and my old man will be sleeping in the back of our Suburban, just like most of the other races.

Smitty, I believe the fees will look like this:

$15 - gate, bike, and vehicle fee (each $5)
$30 - Pro entry fee
$10 - Membership fee

I'm not sure about this exactly, but I think this is right. Will, any input?

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
BTW, Will I didn't see anyone running #8 in the AA at the previous races, will I be able to run it?

mhall

Aug 7, 2001
The number system started at 11 for the AA since, obviously a new series could not have the top ten numbers in any class. I would say to look at the TORO web site (http://www.race-toro.org/)in the rider profile and categorize by numbers and you will be the next number available.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Here we go again.... :silly:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Oh man! That is really frightening and scary. I think I may have to cancel my offer of the open space in the popup this weekend. No offense... but I have young impressionable children.

You know... those pills really do make a difference, when you take them. Please don't let this happen again. We may have to put on PitSally. :p

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
LOL, Thump, you a bad bad man...

Twinkie, you were actually gonna let yardraker sleep in your trailer? Are you outta your mind? :mad:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Wow! What was he thinking? I mean those leotards and skirt don't offer any knee protection and he'll never get his helmet on over that wig. Sheesh! Race-ready my arse. :scream:

BTW - if anyone tries to deny the existence of Taraker's post I just happen to have a screen shot (and it has been e-mailed to several folks for off-site back-up storage)!:p

-jeffd

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
So there is this trick Gomer taught me, :scream: has to do with beans & tail pipes:p

I have been duly humiliated, I will now go hang with Gomer:eek: and learn a few new tricks. Maybe I'll slam my head into somebody's triple clap or something else along those lines.:think

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by yzguy15
LOL, Thump, you a bad bad man...

YZG15,

Wha'chu blaming poor ol' Thump for... he just an observant by-stander, pointing out the obvious mistake in Taraker's ways. BTW... Deviant behavior 101 is being offered at my house MWF 5-6pm. :p

Now you have to give YardRaker a break... he's been spending way too much time on RMD pontificating the virtues of the infallible YZ426 and taking advise from KnowItAllitude. :eek:

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
So you just gonna drive you're new trailer out there with no bike?

I can think of worse ways to spend a weekend. I still will be wrenching on my sons (MHALL) YZ426 and terrorizing the pits on his KLX110. I also see that Kawasaki has a 0 down, 0% interest, and 0 payments until Jan 03 promotion on offroad bikes :confused:

Last edited:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
TP Raker, You afraid all of your fans will jumpship when the Red Thunder bike whoops up on your Yamaspammer. :p

P.S. How fast is this course? Do I need some tall gearing?

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
Wow! What was he thinking? I mean those leotards and skirt don't offer any knee protection and he'll never get his helmet on over that wig. Sheesh! Race-ready my arse.

And everyone knows white gloves don't go with red shoes :o

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Well would you look at that! Sneaky TP Raker done went and wiped away his post. :scream:

Oh well.... It was saved. :p
taraker-race-ready.JPG

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Man, it's a shame when the kid ( yzguy15 ) turns out to be the best behaved of us all........

So are we racing this weekend or what? Looking outside right now I may just stay at home in front of the fire;) with da wife.................:eek:

See ya'll at da track

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
Man, it's a shame when the kid ( yzguy15 ) turns out to be the best behaved of us all.......

Yes, that's true. I do act the best. However what you don't realize is that while you guys have nobody looking at your posts, my dad also frequents these boards. It's like this haunting presence. Maybe if he hadn't discovered this place I would get down and dirty and show some of you old men a thing or two, but alas I refuse to get too involved.

Anyways, can't wait for the race. Does Bonita soak up water very well? :cool:

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Originally posted by Smitty
P.S. How fast is this course? Do I need some tall gearing?

About as fast as it gets in this part of the country. Very sandy though.

Oh, and by the way. Thank you for calling it a course. The people around here insist on calling them tracks when everyone knows a track is something on which you race motocross.

:cool:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom