2 B

Aug 31, 2000
I just got one too. Have not used it yet. I'am trying to calm the hit with the rev pipe by adding this feature. Don't know till I try it.

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
No discernable difference on the top end for me...I would recommend just calling Jeff Fredette and asking him what he thinks for your bike. He won't lie to you... Besides, it was like 10 bucks or something...my last fall cost more than that. Good Luck!

rmacdona

Mar 10, 2002
Just rode with ring in, helps bottom didn't seem to effect top (runs out of breath in about the same place). best $10 bucks I ever spent. I just slid it in (took 10 minutes), should I have used some kind silicone? Doesn't seem to leak exhaust at all. This is the best bush bike I have ever ridden.
02 KDX 220r
No Lid
150/42/1173k 2nd clip
pro circuit pipe all the way back
rad valve
35mm carb
Rick

KDXer

Oct 28, 1999
I bought my prevoius KDX with a torque ring installed, but removed it later on. I did not experience any difference what so ever.

BarryW

Jan 4, 2001
I made my own and did the first test ride last night at home. My perception is that it noticeably improved the bottom end, i.e. I'm pretty sure it's not a placebo effect. It seemed to require a softer touch on the throttle coming out of slow turns because it really wanted to lift the front end as soon as I turned the loud handle. I didn't notice a loss of top end.

First impression: well worth the effort. :aj:

BarryW

Jan 4, 2001
I used round aluminum bar stock and cut it on a lathe. For my '90 model (200cc), the dims were ID=1.500, OD=1.800, thickness <0.215. Someone on another thread mentioned putting an extra gasket or two in the head. I'm not sure what year model they had, but mine uses o-rings around the pipe to seal, not the ring-type gaskets. Installing the spacer required removal of the outboard o-ring because its groove was pushed outside the seal bore of the head.

Last edited:

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
My 98 220 has two rubber o-rings around the pipe and a copper ring gasket that goes around the face of the pipe and exhaust port.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom