BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Buzz Bomb

Go test the Avalanche with your old man, and report back to us what you think.

The Avalanche is based on the Suburban :silly:

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
Haha, I wish, The Avalanch is a SWEET truck, but my dad absolutely will NOT even think of buying another GM car after this. He had a Lumina a few yeasr ago that was the same way. I don't think it's all GM cars that are bad, but they seem to be inconsistent. Some are good, some aren't.

KLX Spode

Feb 29, 2000
As far as the video goes, I don't think to many people run into an 18" high, inantimate object! I , on the other hand, was the unfortunate recipient of a drunk driver! I was in my wifes truck (98 F150 super cab) when a drunk in a 99 Toyota Camry crossed on my side in the middle of a curve on a two lane road. I was going around 50-55 mph, they estimated he was doing around 80. Needless to say, the impact was HORIFFIC! I walked away with a lot of scraches from the glass and two very sore sholders and arms. He left in a body bag provided by the coroner! The impact was so bad ont the Camry, it bent the pillar post between the front and rear doors where the seat belt attaches and the front wheel was in the drivers lap! I had to sit there looking at this guy for over 30 minutes while I waited for help. The truck looked like crap, but actually held together pretty weel. The wife now drives a Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab. Goes to show that a truck VS unibody is not a pretty sight! The officer made the comment that it was a good thing it was a truck I was in and not a car or it would be, in his oppinion, a double fatal!

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Spode I concur abouut the horific part, the forces involved are amazing..
My wife and I were t-boned by a drunk in a lumina, doing a police estimated 80-100, my K20 took it all, it ended 100' sideways from where we started, bed blew off and the frame had a 3' curve, bent axles, gas tank was 1" thick, fuel everywhere. We walked away (into the ambulance!) just bruises, very lucky.

After removing the destroyed rear driveshaft, and despite the massive damage, it could still move under its own power by fwd before we tore it apart for parts!

We almost took our subaru that day! Needless to say it was for sale very quickly.

We're a fan of big metal!

XR650Rider

Jan 10, 2001
Toyota

I have a 97 T100 4WD. It has 62,000 on it. I did look at the Tundra this year. The dealer wanted me to pay 32,000 for a new tundra. You can buy a Dodge diesel for that kind of money. The Tundra seems to be a nice truck, if you can get one for a reasonable price. I'll be keeping the T100 for a few more years.

KDK

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
I have a 2000 Tundra V8 4x4 SR5 with the extended cab. If you want a TON of information on the Tundra, check out http://www.tundrasolutions.com/ It's a nice truck, BUT I have had an annoying vibration problem with mine since day one. I've had it back to the dealer three times, but it still hasn't been fixed! They're going to make an appointment for the District Service Manager to look at my truck. If they don't fix it this time, I'll be exercising my rights under the lemon law!

Just didn't want you to think that Toyotas are problem free.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
yeah, your toyota is a crap:p .... that sucks though.... just goes to show you that machines are built and engineered by humans, and statistically, none are perfect, and somebody will eventually end up with the negative product .... oh well... hopefully it will all work out for ya... how does that 2smoker smell?

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
I know I'll get the problem resolved with the Tundra one way or another.

The 2 smoker smells quite nice actually. :confused:

I just hope you can keep bikes from falling off that thing you call a trailer! :p

Top Bottom