Trail Riding in the Pocono's?

korky37

Nov 13, 2000
Makin' a road trip the 2nd weekend in June and would like to see what's out there.Goin' w/some friends and they know of a park close to the race track(the one they race them Carolina taxi cabs on) that has a motorcross track and some trails.I'm not much of a motorcrosser,more interested in woods riding.Just wondering if there is some more places to have some fun!

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Kork,

Paragon has some interesting trails and is a place worth going to - 140 miles of trails.

http://paragonap.com/ is the website.

There are more and I'm sure many of the other PA riders will be glad to point you to the right websites. :thumb:

sabooo

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 2002
The park they speak of would be traxx i think... a bit dissappointing as only a few miles of trails around a MX track. If you want trail riding, Paragon is the place to go.

Cheers,
Sabooo

korky37

Nov 13, 2000
Thanks to everyone for the heads up on Paragon!Visited the web site and read a few post and would have to say this place looks like a blast!!!!!!!!!

The posse and I will try to give it a go(if i can talk the motorcrossers into it)the only problem is we all will be working Thursday thru Sunday(6/5 - 6/8).This leaves Monday(6/9) as are only day to ride this place.If anyone here is goin to be there on this weekend and still riding on Monday It would be great to have a trail guide.I would love to find the single track stuff.Even the crazy "Jersey tight" sounds fun.Any one up for it?

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
if you want to ride trails dont wate your time at Traxx! They suck. Period!
Paragon does not have a motocross track but one is on the way. The trails are unbeatable. You could ride all day and never cross the same trail.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will be there on the 8th, but not the 9th.....oops...the 8th is the nationals at Southwick, guess I won't be at Paragon then either.

If you talk your buddies into Paragon, let me know, and I will map out a good run for you with all different types of terrain including the "Jersey tight" stuff. :p

ohh yeah, paragon did put up a practice jump near the mud hole too....the mx tracks will be there soon (there are a few pictures of the jump in "my pictures' link below)

Last edited:

korky37

Nov 13, 2000
I didn't think anyone would be there on Monday.

Scooter,
I looked at the trail map on the website and saw that the trails are for the 4x4 crowd.A map of a good loop would be great!I don't want to scare the heck out of everyone with a ride full of rock gardens(even though I wouldn't mind it)and if we showed up with no clue where to go that's probably what we would find.

I would like to find a hill you all call "howies hill" that sounds interesting!!

If you have something in mind E-Mail me at korky37@yahoo.com

Thanks everyone for all your help.This trip is sounding better every day!

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
http://www.paragonap.com/atv.htm

From paragons web site.

RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. You must ride in pairs!
2. One person per machine only!
3. All riders must wear approved helmets!
4. All riders must wear protective eyewear! No tear-off goggles permitted.
5. All Riders must wear long sleeves and long pants!
6. All riders must wear appropriate footwear! No Open Toed Shoes!
7. All riders must be the appropriate age for the machine. Determined by manufacturers suggested age.
8. Weapons & Alcohol are prohibited on PAP property!
9. All participants are required to sign a liability waiver.
10. All participants are required to leave a valid credit card or drivers license that will be returned at check out.
11. All riders must follow and abide by general park Rules & Regulations.

Insurance and Registration is different in each State. Paragon is not a law enforcement agency, however, you ride at your own risk if you do not have what your State requires.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Howie hill is included in the loop I will give you, and if you want to punish your friends with some real rocks, i will get together with eugene to make the loop for you....he is good at finding the rocks :laugh:    I will have a map made up in a few days and send it to you.....it looks like I will have plenty of time to make maps with all the rain in the forcast.

korky37

Nov 13, 2000
Looks like a we will be riding paragon on the 9th and I can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing the map scooter has maped out for us,I think I will take these guy's on a rock garden run! I love to see motorcrossers fumbling around on technical terrain!!!!!!!

Scooter,
Let me know what you come up with.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I have a run mapped out for you, I just need to make sure it will work because some of the single track will be marked 1 way by then, and I want to make sure I have you going the right way.  I will also add a few rock gardens into the loop.........just make your friends on the mx bikes go first so you can laugh at them, then after they start, you can take the bypass and skip the rocks :laugh:   I will finish it this Sunday after I see which way the single track runs.

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Scotter
Good luck trying to get Eugene to figure it out. Every time we go there he is like ok Steve you go and I will follow. He has a hard time following the map.
I on the other hand would love a copy of it when you get done. If you can email it to me that would be great.
jeepxj@optonline.net
Thanks Dan we have to get hook up again.
Steven

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Hey Scooter, is it possible to get an electronic topo map copy from your GPS? You know that awesome hudge color one you whipped out of your truck cab the other weekend with the trails marked on it and all the little unmarked secret bat cave trails and stuff :) ? That was awesome, I would love have that for my hand held and even to print a big one out like the one you have.

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Just keeping this at the top for scooter to post that new map he is working on/

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Hevster,

Nope, I never got around to joining the ridge riders.....but I will.

korky, 

I won't be able to get the map I wanted for you since I am having computer problems and can't use the mapping software right now, but I will use the existing map and plot out a loop for you, and I will draw in some single track so you will have an idea where to find it.  I will have that done on Wednesday, and email it to you.

Dan

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…