HondaRoost

Mar 27, 2001
The trails in PA are being closed down. We need a place to ride. Were I am there is 1 trail left and there tal;kin about closeing that up. If you knwo of any trails or places to ride let me now.
We also need to do something about this.

Russ

Jan 17, 2001
There are some very good trails in and around Marienville PA. The Marienville ATV and Bike trails, Rocky Gap, Timberline, and Willow Creek. They are all about within an hour of each other and are located in the Allegheny National Forest. There is no cost to ride. Maps are available at nearby ranger stations. ATV's (quads) should have stickers. Marienville is north of I80 near Clarion PA. Hope this helps, I know it's a hike from Reading.

HondaRoost

Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by Russ:
There are some very good trails in and around Marienville PA. The Marienville ATV and Bike trails, Rocky Gap, Timberline, and Willow Creek. They are all about within an hour of each other and are located in the Allegheny National Forest. There is no cost to ride. Maps are available at nearby ranger stations. ATV's (quads) should have stickers. Marienville is north of I80 near Clarion PA. Hope this helps, I know it's a hike from Reading.
Ok,that helps. It is a little far but if you could give me some directions i would like that. Um maybe we could hook up up there sometime and ride? Thanx a lot for the info
There are like no places to ride around here anymore

RoadRash

Sep 13, 2000
One of the best places in Central PA is called Tower City. It is private but they have a ton of land to ride on. They have a website but I can't remember it off-hand.

Oh yeah, it is about 40 minutes north of Harrisburg off of 81.

RoadRash

Sep 13, 2000
I'll be back once I get my skidplate and learn how to keep up! :) Until then I'll just pretend I know how to ride! By the way, did you happen to catch the article about TC in the Feb 01 Trail Rider?

[This message has been edited by RoadRash (edited 03-28-2001).]

YZ 250 Weasel

Aug 13, 1999
If I were you I would replace that metal gas tank with a plastic one as well. When, and I do mean WHEN you go down, that thing will be quick to dent !!! You would also be wise to remove any turnsignals and or mirrors, or they will be scrap metal before the end of the day. The only was to keep upright, is practice, practice, practice . . . you need to stick it out and ride. Look at Tree Slayer 67, he's still a spode but he keeps trying, ha ha ha ha !!!

------------------
Matt W
1994 YZ 250
1986 TT 350
"Don't worry about me, how's my bike" ?
http://www.mattwilliard.com

A

Andy Shade

crazed450r

This freakin sucks big time. I live in central PA. On weekends I used to go up to Phillipsburg Pa. And ride in the Mines. I just got my 450r a couple weeks ago. But they recently closed it down. Now I have no where to ride do you have any suggestions within an hour and a half from central Pa.
Thanks Much!

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Andy Shade said:
I live in central PA. On weekends I used to go up to Phillipsburg Pa. And ride in the Mines.

I used to work in Philipsburg (about a million years ago) at the hospital.
Used to ride at Cooney bros. mines north of Altoona (also known as "Big Murph") was a great area, but it got closed down about 10 years or so ago.
Dont know if it ever reopened??
Shame, cause that place was a BLAST!!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Paragon Adventure Park in Hazleton, PA. 30,000 ACRES!!! www.paragonap.com
Go into Paces to ride and look up the Eatern chapters, you will See the Dam Yankees Dirt Riders. Join our little group, its free, and you will know when we have our big group rides at Paragon. We had 30 people show up already from most northeastern states and 2 guys from canada! We make it 3 day affair with camping and beer. Its a hoot!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Wow trigger, your still around :laugh: But yeah paragon is where the fun is at, and at the camp site :aj:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Oh hell yeah.... PARAGON ROCKS! join us...... It's cheap, and has something for everybody... You want singletrack....miles of it... You want hillclimbs ? You can climb all the crazy hills you would ever want, you want rocks and trials type stuff? no problem.. hell they even have a playground with some jumps and berms if you want to see how high you can launch your narrow ass. Just want to do some casual trail riding? They got that too... It's well worth the trip, and all of us people in the Damn Yankees are awesome. ;)

Lokair

Feb 2, 2006
I live in south western Pa, Lots of private trails here. Me and a few buds may head for marianville, in a may for a ride, that and we get to stay at the kelly hotel, good food , and a few beers for after the ride. I am also looking to do some more trails, just gotta find the time.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Keep an eye on theEastern Chapters section under DRN clubs, we are the Dam Yankees Dirt Riders. Just a bunch of old clowns triyng to act likie we are 15 again. The camoping is as good or better than the riding!

Ride or Die

Aug 11, 2006
Before i moved i had 360 acres a farmer let me ride on. Where all my firsts wher :). But now i only have about 2 acres form where i live now. The state owns too much property :(. There is like all this open feild property that the state bought. Oh ya i live in Belle Vernon / Rostraver / West Newton / Elizabeth PA :)

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
TCTRI is the best place you will ever ride it is right next to Rausch Creek and near Paragon. I am a member of tower city and it is the best place i have ever riding the trails are challenging but its too much fun. It is off of I-81. You pay to be a member for a year. The web site is tctri.org

Bob Tiley

Aug 7, 2001
With Paragon shutting down - I need to find somewhere in the eastern half of PA - SE preferrably.

Hopefully Paragon will find some new land or have luck in their appeals.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Does anyone know of any good places in NE PA? If I get better, I want to check out MX537, a practice track that's not too far away. Any one been there before?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
pyrofreak said:
Does anyone know of any good places in NE PA? If I get better, I want to check out MX537, a practice track that's not too far away. Any one been there before?
I used to go there a lot but haven't been in a few years. It's a real nice track that is very well taken care of. Make sure you call first to make sure he's still open. He used to tell me every year was his last year but then he'd be open the next year.

We had a Damn Yankee ride there a few yeras ago.

Top Bottom