Training Regimen

n1wrc

May 20, 2001
Hey gang-
Just wondering- what do you guys do as far as training goes? I just want to know how i compare to the average member here.
Heres what I do-

Monday-- weights (chest) 4 diff excersise's each time 4 sets of 15 reps each ex. Cardio- run 8 to 12 miles, cycle for 1.5 hours

Tuesday--- Back (weights)same set structure as above, and same Cardio routine.

Wednesday----- Legs (weights) no cardio - leg workout too traumatic to run for any time at all :-)

Thurs---- Shoulders, bi's/tri's and Forearms, Cardio- swim for 45 mins continous, cycle 1.5 hours

Friday- recuperate hydrate and carbo load for the weekend.

Sat/Sun- make all the soft guys look like spodes out there :-)

So? you guys got any intersting ideas? Any questions for me? I can help you guys out. I went from 249 to 175lbs in 7 months on this program, and progressed from local C class top 10's to overalling local HS's CC's in approx. a year. I can help you guys ;-)

KaTMandoo

May 16, 2001
Wow!!!!! where do you get all your time?

my routine is more like monday-friday go to school then work til 9 at nite, saturday and sunday I just pray that I get off to go ride but usually I only get either sat or sun :(

I'd like to get into a program thing like yours but my time doesn't allow it. heh and if i could run 8-12 miles a day I might think about it as well....i can probably barely run 1 mile, hehe

KaTMandoo

n1wrc

May 20, 2001
Hey- yeah the only reason i can keep this kind of schedule goin is because I'm a student- all i have to worry about duriung the week is class, HW, and the like.
I can understand this would just be unattainable if you actually had responsibilities! ;-)

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Monday-Friday 3am to 3pm work
Monday-Friday 3pm to 10pm work on farm
Saturday 5am-12pm work on farm
Saturday 12pm-12am race (during the seaon)
Sunday farm all day

Anssi

May 20, 2001
I have enough strength now that I don't really worry about that. My riding skills and aerobic fitness are lacking.

I usually ride on Saturday and Sunday, about 1 hour full-tilt MX each. That means I don't bother pushing it on Mondays and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do some cardio, which usually means about 30 minutes (plus warmup) at 75% pulse rate (145 bpm) on the rowing machine, or about an hour rollerblading (which becomes something like interval training because of intersections, hills and traffic).

I used to train quite a bit more (weights three times a week) but that screwed me up from overtraining (got bronchitis and influenza in the winter, and I attribute that to riding too hard in freezing temperatures and then doing weights too close to riding before and after).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…