n1wrc

May 20, 2001
Hey gang-
Just wondering- what do you guys do as far as training goes? I just want to know how i compare to the average member here.
Heres what I do-

Monday-- weights (chest) 4 diff excersise's each time 4 sets of 15 reps each ex. Cardio- run 8 to 12 miles, cycle for 1.5 hours

Tuesday--- Back (weights)same set structure as above, and same Cardio routine.

Wednesday----- Legs (weights) no cardio - leg workout too traumatic to run for any time at all :-)

Thurs---- Shoulders, bi's/tri's and Forearms, Cardio- swim for 45 mins continous, cycle 1.5 hours

Friday- recuperate hydrate and carbo load for the weekend.

Sat/Sun- make all the soft guys look like spodes out there :-)

So? you guys got any intersting ideas? Any questions for me? I can help you guys out. I went from 249 to 175lbs in 7 months on this program, and progressed from local C class top 10's to overalling local HS's CC's in approx. a year. I can help you guys ;-)

KaTMandoo

May 16, 2001
Wow!!!!! where do you get all your time?

my routine is more like monday-friday go to school then work til 9 at nite, saturday and sunday I just pray that I get off to go ride but usually I only get either sat or sun :(

I'd like to get into a program thing like yours but my time doesn't allow it. heh and if i could run 8-12 miles a day I might think about it as well....i can probably barely run 1 mile, hehe

KaTMandoo

n1wrc

May 20, 2001
Hey- yeah the only reason i can keep this kind of schedule goin is because I'm a student- all i have to worry about duriung the week is class, HW, and the like.
I can understand this would just be unattainable if you actually had responsibilities! ;-)

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Monday-Friday 3am to 3pm work
Monday-Friday 3pm to 10pm work on farm
Saturday 5am-12pm work on farm
Saturday 12pm-12am race (during the seaon)
Sunday farm all day

Anssi

May 20, 2001
I have enough strength now that I don't really worry about that. My riding skills and aerobic fitness are lacking.

I usually ride on Saturday and Sunday, about 1 hour full-tilt MX each. That means I don't bother pushing it on Mondays and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do some cardio, which usually means about 30 minutes (plus warmup) at 75% pulse rate (145 bpm) on the rowing machine, or about an hour rollerblading (which becomes something like interval training because of intersections, hills and traffic).

I used to train quite a bit more (weights three times a week) but that screwed me up from overtraining (got bronchitis and influenza in the winter, and I attribute that to riding too hard in freezing temperatures and then doing weights too close to riding before and after).

Top Bottom