zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
This is Body Solid brand equipment. It's commercial quality. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to do their own home gym. MSRP prices are shocking, but retailers sell them for much less- almost half.

Our only initial concern was the cable crossover. Instead of using it's own weight stack, you stack plates on the slider, and also with the cable itself. If you've ever used a cheap home system, there's a lot of friction & stretch. That's not a problem with this one. We actually like it better than the cables at our local gym. Also, we were going to permanently bolt it to the floor & somehow to the ceiling as well. Turns out that isn't necessary. It's not going anywhere.

Also, the Body Solid equipment includes a lifetime warranty. The store we bought it from said if anything happens- even one of our kids pokes a hole in the bench- they'll replace it, no questions asked. :thumb:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
I can second zio's statements on Body Solid - i have one of their universal gym machines. And lifetime warranty is all inclusive - even when the kids poke holes in the padded seats...

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
zio said:
even one of our kids pokes a hole in the bench-
Get rid of the kids, problem solved. :p

I'm looking into getting a home gym right now as well. Bowflex was on my list as well as the system that Papa Keith got, can't remember the name right now, Power something I think......... anyway, I may have to check out this Body Solid as well.

Zio, that room reminds me of the blue kitchen in Weird Science! :laugh:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
zio said:
... even one of our kids pokes a hole in the bench- they'll replace it, no questions asked. :thumb:
My 2 year old was "drawing" on a piece of paper on my padded bench, then realized that poking holes in the paper was really cool. The bottom half of the bench now looks like a "Lite-Bright" pegboard. :(

Kids do the darnest things...

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
gospeedracer said:
G
Zio, that room reminds me of the blue kitchen in Weird Science! :laugh:

Glad someone noticed! I went all willy-nilly with the sprayer. I did manage to mask off the little window in the sprinkler timer. Everything else is blue. Water heater, water softener, wires, fixtures... everything. Much easier that way.

The Body Solid all-in-one gyms are so much better than the Sears/Costco/Sport Mart types.

But really, all you need is a bench and some dumbells to start with, and you can get a really good workout. You won't build lots of muscle, but you can tone what muscle you do have & burn lots of fat in the process.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom