Woody88

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2007
i would use the honda hp 80w/85w its good stuff i use it in my yz250 and my dad uses it in his crf450 we've never had a problem with it.also its a weird color and opacity so you can tell when its time to change it out.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
Yes anyone will work fine, the hotter the temperature in your area, the thicker the viscosity I would go with...

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
I have heard of some people using shell rotella, any opinions on this? I think it is 15-30 or something like that, but I know a lot of people use that and the synth in their street bikes...

I would figure synth might be a waste of money in an mx bike with the intervals at which you change your fluid, but it seems like the regular rotella t would do the trick if you kept your intervals regular...

Sandman 2.0

Apr 29, 2004
aaldape said:
I have heard of some people using shell rotella, any opinions on this? I think it is 15-30 or something like that, but I know a lot of people use that and the synth in their street bikes...

I would figure synth might be a waste of money in an mx bike with the intervals at which you change your fluid, but it seems like the regular rotella t would do the trick if you kept your intervals regular...

I think the snyth Rotella is 5W-40.........the dino is 15W-40 sold by the gallon at Walmart. I've read lots of good reports on using it both in 2 stroke trannies and 4-stroke engines..... For 2 stroke I use 10W-40 castrol car oil.....always had good luck with it........for my 2 stroke trials bike........I use ATF which Gas Gas recommends.......A lot of people use ATF in MX bike transmissions (2 stroke) with good luck........great for wet clutches.................as it's pretty thin, I wouldn't think it provides a great deal of cushion for severe use but a lot of people swear by it with no ill effects even for MX racing...... I'm sure a million different opinions as far as oil goes......I just use what the manual recommends and change it often.

flattie

May 19, 2005
u will be very happy with the maxima MTL 75-85w i've used all of them with great success. and with any oil kepping it changed opn a regular basis is the key. skip on the ATF

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom