racing_101

Mar 29, 2002
I was racing on Sunday when all of a sudden the bike wouldn't shift. It will not catch any gear at all, I managed to get it into neutral but now it won't go into a gear at all. I can pull it all the way up put it just won't pop into the gear. The bike is a 2000 YZ 125. The shifter is on the bike tight, it isn't slipping at all. And I know that the cable is adjusted right, but I have no idea what to do. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Is it moving only alittle up and down, or the full length that it takes to shift? Does if move freely and easily or is it hard? I would try moving the bike back and forth and see if you can get it into gear. I doubt you will so the next thing I would do is take off the right side cover of the crankcase, so the water pump and kickstarter come off. Then take off the clutch basket and take a look at the shifting gears. Move the shifter up like you said you could and see if it moves other gears and stuff. It may of somehow diconnected from the other gear teeth.
I have no idea why you can't shift. I'm just suggesting you look at shifting bar and gears and stuff.
Jim.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom