Trespassers!!!!!!!

Feb 20, 2004
I have heard that in some places that there are laws that protect the land owner from people slapping them with a lawsuit if they get injured or killed on there property. This opened up many gravel pits and other large areas of land like that to riding.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I had similar, maybe exactly the same, problems. They got worse and worse until it finally became a gunfight. I am a very nice guy and love the entire off road community. I learned that tresspassers are often low life dirtbags.

Smashed beer bottles, massive litter, removed mufflers at 3AM, screams of F-U, 100's of pounds of dead fish, dead birds, shotgun blasts etc, gate smashed 32 times, swamp buggies over my fence ETC.

Often, those people are criminals, pure and simple. They cannot be reasoned with. They feel entitled to tresspass, as if they owned the land. They will use every excuse, including legal action and legal mumbo jumbo to get onto your property. They truly feel entitled. Often the police cannot help much, and tend to make them more angry. Get this, one tresspasser got so angry with me for calling the cops he proceded to try to fight me in front of the police! He could not believe I would do something so wrong!

Fence it in! Have Zero tolerance. Over time it will stop.

By the way, free fencing is often available from county projects where old fencing is removed and discarded.

Chris

Top Bottom