Tried of the 250F "ultimate bike" reference's

WARNING!!! RANT MODE ON!

I love my 125 I hope 2 strokes never ever go away, but I get so tried everytime I pick up a mag or read in the what bike do I get forum when someone ask's if they should get a 125 or 250F. Everyone just about always automatically states it's easier to ride etc etc it smokes a 125 etc etc. My point of view of the subject is some what different having jumped into the hype of it all and bought a '03 YZ250F last year. What a mistake! Life with the bike was hell, not as far as maintence go's. But I couldn't competetively race the bike, I was slower on the 250F that I was on my 125's! I started riding lazier and not attacking anymore. I could never get used to it's big top heavy feel nor the compression braking the bike just worked against my confidence. Down right scared me in rhythm sections I really hated the like on/off like hit. I think the only thing the bike had going for me was I consistantly holeshoted races. Start out front and work my way back threw the pack, it was just really fusterating. It feels really good to be back on a 125 I'm alot faster on it. My point is, don't believe the hype the 250F isn't for everyone! and sure isn't the best bike ever rofl! I think if everything go's 4 stroke use the consumer gets screwed in the end.

Joe #439 '04 KX 125 - "whoopie your on a 250F! how come I just holeshot your moto?!" :flame:

KX02

Yeah, all I can say is the magazines are all puppets for the epa and manufacturers. It seems to me Bubba, Reed, Carmichael, Langston, etc. seem to do not only fine but the best on 2 strokes. I do think it will be really sad if they quit making them.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
MXP1MP said:
I think the only thing the bike had going for me was I consistantly holeshoted races.
i just got an email yesterday from a guy who said the exact same thing. he went from a crf450 back to a yz250.

i have a buddy with a '03 yzf450 and he can't wait to unload it to get back on a two-stroke 250. he hates the damn thing.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
Yay, here we go again!! LOL

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Rooster said:
Yay, here we go again!! LOL
Same boring played out rant, different day.

Actually, Carmichael is switching to a four-stroke. I think it's all a matter of what you're comfortable on. Personally, I like the tractability of four-strokes, but I also think two-strokes are just fine. Different strokes for different folks I guess...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
embrace the future, let go of the past . . .

Use the Force, Luke

XRpredator, let go of the past? I assume you mean XRs :laugh:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
ever one nows 2 stroks r faster cuz they gots a bigger pip.

CR Swade

Subscriber
Green Horn said:
ever one nows 2 stroks r faster cuz they gots a bigger pip.
Pips?! Ain't that the dudes that wear the big-a$$ mushroom hats, oh hell yeah, pippin' ain't easy

CJG

SpeedyManiac said:
Actually, Carmichael is switching to a four-stroke. I think it's all a matter of what you're comfortable on. Personally, I like the tractability of four-strokes, but I also think two-strokes are just fine. Different strokes for different folks I guess...