fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
HAS ANYBODY TRIED THE ALUMINUM CONES IN THE TRIPLE CLAMPS INSTEAD OF THR RUBBER MOUNTS I KNOW THE RUBBER MOUNTS MOVE AROUND TOO MUCH.THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO MAKE MY HANDLE BARS LOOK CROOKED WHEN THERE NOT AFTER A FALL.. ALSO HAS ANYBODY PUT ON THE ONE PIECE CLAMP FROM FREDETTE RACING AND WILL IT WORK WITH THE STOCK CLAMPS. WELL THANKS ALOT IV RELLY ENJOYED THIS SITE AND THE ADVICE IS GREAT..... FAST 200

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
I added the FRP one piece clamp last week. Seems okay - makes your crossbar clearance kinda tight, so fitting a pad around it is tuff. Didn't really have any nasty crashes last weekend, so can't comment if it helps. It was mostly a pre-emptive measure on my part, since I'm still running the stock bars. Too cheap to change them till they tweak!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
My one piece top clamp came from JCV. Read somewheres he wasn't doing that anymore. Anyway..fit is fine on stock clamps. Yeah..makes crossbar pad a bit snug. Still fits.

Re: stock bars.
Mine lasted a whole lot longer than the NEXT two sets of aftermarket bars I put on. I haven't bent a set since I put on the one piece clamp.

Re: aluminum cones
Too much to give up (vibration control) for too little to gain (one piece clamp fixed 'tweak' problem). Scotts makes some hi durometer urethane bushings that would be a better choice than metal (imo).

Afterall, you wouldn't want to make the kdx feel like a pumpkin!

BuzzbuzzBUZzbuzzzBUZZzzzBuuzBuzzz....

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Hi ive got Taper bars with high rise neck and Fastway alluminum cones. GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!! Love it, but not everybody likes the feel. Im talking about vibrations. it doesnt bother me. But the reason ive got solid mounts is cause this winter i get my Scotts Damper. You have to have solid mounts to have a damper work correctly. But i still think its better then Stock rubber!!!! Good luck!!!

Top Bottom