Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DRN instant messenger... like AOL, MSN, etc, but works on DRN.
If someone is on the forums, you can do IM's. Not sure if I'll actually implement this, have some ideas to make it better/more useful. We'll see. If nothing else, you chat freaks can use it to tell other chat freaks to chat :laugh:

If their name shows-up in "Online Members", clik their name, the IM window will pop-up on their screen. That's the idea anyway, they DO need to have the chat window running though, meaning they will take messages. :confused: .

The link to test it: http://dirtrider.net/forums3/messenger

Let me know what issues arise. :thumb:

I'm going to bed now. :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okie: How do I set someone up as an on line buddy? All the folks in my buddy list are there, but show up as off line.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okie: I just sent a note, did you get it?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I just sent a note. Don't see any answers though

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
:thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I have PK in my buddy list, but he is not showing up on-line. :whiner:
Of course, maybe his IM box is off now ...
Do both of us have to have each other listed a buddies, or is it one way? i.e. I have you as a buddy and am on-line therefore I can IM you and it shows up on your screen?

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Nope, you show up in my off-line list.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I closed my IM window and reopened it and now it shows PK on-line and Okie gone, but when I try to IM PK, it says he is off-line.

B

biglou

I don't think I understand how this works (big surprise!). I tried right and left clicking peeps from my online buddies list in my cp and also on the main forums page list of online members at the bottom. I did get a PM from Tony to check out the new feature. Does chat have to be running in another window to get this to work?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I cant even see the link when I go to the messenger link page. Im using a lil bypass system though. This joint blocks anything that has forum in the address. :(

EDIT: See it now. Had to allow scripts to run!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Click on the link in the first post by Okie. The person has to be in your buddy list. They should show up in the little box that comes up on the screen. It takes a minute for it you check the site and load (at least on dial up).

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Not working for Luckey, Pred or I! We could send but not see any replies
I sent you one Okie, but never saw a response.

Top Bottom