scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
November 13th & 14th

TWMC Outing - 7th annual Wicked Bird Enduro, Cougar Buttes (near Lucerne Valley).

Directions:

Take I-15 North to Bear Valley Cutoff exit (22 miles). Turn right and head through Lucerne Valley to Camp Rock Road (30 miles). You will connect with HWY 18, which will then turn into HWY 247 at Lucerne Valley. Approximately 6 miles past Lucerne Valley, look for Camp Rock Road. Turn left on Camp Rock road and follow the TWMC arrows to camp. About 3 miles up Camp Rock Road you will turn right and go about another 4 miles on a dirt road to camp at Cougar Buttes.

Show Area Map and Local Weather

I'll be out early Sunday for the race. Who's in? :yeehaw:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
If I get my parts in time then I'm in ... blown head gasket from the 100's race.

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
I'd like to come up and guest ride if I could. I have a new Watchdog and would like to see if I can figure out how to program it.

Anyone else want to go on my minute?

Gregg

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Im in. Ill be there early Sun.

Eric is the "Dog master" I can get mine programed, but I need to get the manual out.

Scar, make sure I get my membership app turned in this time, I never seem to get it done.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'll be there for the weekend. Bringing my nieces and nephews and the Bundy crew.

Greg - You can ride as one of our guest. Come find me when you get there. We will be in a 33' 5th wheel gold f-150, grey f-250

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
9AM start. I'd be there by 8. since you need to program and all. We should get the route sheets in advance so you can program your computer before you go.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Enduro Route Sheet Wicked Bird title2 Nov. 14, 2004

speed 0.00 12
speed 1.80 18
speed 6.90 12
speed 9.30 18
speed 10.80 24
speed 13.20 12
free_time 14.00 5 minutes

reset_to 0.00 from 14.00
speed 0.00 24
speed 0.40 18
speed 6.10 15
speed 8.10 4
speed 8.30 12
speed 10.30 24
speed 13.10 12
speed 13.70 18
free_time 14.00 20minutes

reset to 0.00 from 14.00
speed 0.00 24
speed 5.20 18
speed 8.80 12
speed 9.00 24
speed 12.60 12
free_time 14.00 10minutes

reset to 0.00 from 14.00
speed 0.00 24
speed 5.60 30
speed 6.10 24
speed 12.50 12
end 14.00

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Thanks Thumbs. It's looking good for me for this weekend ... the parts have been ordered and are due to arrive on Friday! Not bad.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I need new rear brake pads, but should be good to go.

I imagine Ill be beat before I start, Im laying 1600 ft2 of sod on Saturday. Accepting volunteers. :)

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Hey, we all have our own honey-dos to acomplish. Can't help as I will be installing child-proof devices on cabinets, raking dead leaves, trimming trees for the winter, and on and on and on.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
kelsorat said:
Hey, we all have our own honey-dos to acomplish. Can't help as I will be installing child-proof devices on cabinets, raking dead leaves, trimming trees for the winter, and on and on and on.

No Kidding about the honey-do, I thought at least Sancho could come and help. :joke:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Lets see,

Texas hold em poker game at my place Friday night (anyone who wants to join is welcome we have multiple tables)

Saturday, coach my sons soccer team, Load the bike, pick up some Supercross tickets and go out to the comedy club to see Tod Glass that night. :)

Sunday race the enduro, Get home and watch my tivo'd Steelers thrash there newest victim. :cool:

Yeah my weekend sucks also :nener: :rotfl:

You guys need better plans. Leave early from work and or get you stuff done on the weekdays. Weekends are for playing :clue:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Tim, so what you are saying is you are free Saturday mourning ;) You know where I live.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
2strok4fun said:
Tim, so what you are saying is you are free Saturday mourning ;) You know where I live.

You need help leaning on a shovel and drinking your beer? :cool:

Honestly they have people for installing sod. :clue:

Seriously, what help do you need? After my back surgury I can only lean over for about 5 minutes. I don't do sod, floor tile or carpet anymore.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
scar tissue said:
Honestly they have people for installing sod. :clue:

Seriously, what help do you need? After my back surgury I can only lean over for about 5 minutes. I don't do sod, floor tile or carpet anymore.

I picked up help from the place where I buy my coffee from to haul out the old concrete patio. I used to do landscape construction, I'd have a hard time paying someone and watch them do it wrong.

I got the help covered, just yankin your chain. Of course timing could have been better with weather and days I have available before Thanksgiving. The dogs wont give up their padded beds so before Wicked bird it is.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Shouldn't you sales guys be out in the field seeing customers, instead of viewing Dirt Rider.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
kelsorat said:
Shouldn't you sales guys be out in the field seeing customers, instead of viewing Dirt Rider.

I'm sorry, what's your point? :nener: I didn't get back to you quickly because I had to leave for my golf game. :worship:

Here' s a few more Wicked Bird details:

Wicked Bird
Nov. 14, 2004
9:00 key time.
There will be no riders meeting.
All checks are tie breakers.
Start and finish are about 100 feet apart at the west end of the camping area.
The 2nd, 3rd and 4th loop are possible as you leave camp, other wise the 3 mile rule applies.
You will not be checked out the 2nd, 3rd and 4th loop. Keep track of you time.
Everyone will be stopped on the course to help pull ribbon. Thanks in advance.
Ride safe and have fun.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Damn, each loop is 14 miles long, but the last loop (fast guy loop) has really fast speed averages, so it can't be "trials" type event, unless there's a split for the last loop. Could it really be exactly 14 miles also? Are they they trying to mislead me into believing the entire course is easy?

Am I gonna miss another timekeeper? :bang:

The addiction takes hold....... :yikes:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
kelsorat said:

Ya mean this isnt working? :) I thought this was the "networking" part.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
thumbs said:
speed 8.10 4

loop 2, is this a typo? should it be 14mph???

If loop 1 and 2 are the same, I cant see a 4 mph in there. Besides my roll chart maker wont do less than 6mph, and Im not smart enough to trick it. :bang:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Holeshot,

This race is never easy. It's usually a boulder lined mine field with a few rediculous whoop sections, offcamber u turns, and steep twisty hill climbs. It should be a blast. :yeehaw: :aj: I wouldn't plan on an easy course.

2stroke:

Both the roll chart and route sheet say 4MPH. I bet there'll be a check there. Also last year I believe they put in ODO jumps without Time jumps and we had to trick the Watchdogs to stay on time. :clue: The ICO, I believe, handles these just fine. I'll program this in tonight and check it out.

plysWfire

Mar 1, 2001
These guys are old timers, they love to play games with everyones heads. You guys have fun trying to figure it out, I'm not going to make it out this month. I have a new green toy (see signiture), and haven't had a chance to switch over my ICO and Dampner yet or play with the suspension at all. Given that and the fact that this event is over 3 hours away from me, I think I'm going to take a trip to some place closer and hopefully get the bike dialed in for December.

I'll never forget the quote from one of the trail bosses at this even last year. "There's always one event a year that everyone hates. Might as well be ours."

Have fun all.

nonickname

Mar 9, 2004
2strok4fun said:
loop 2, is this a typo? should it be 14mph???

If loop 1 and 2 are the same, I cant see a 4 mph in there. Besides my roll chart maker wont do less than 6mph, and Im not smart enough to trick it. :bang:

If you are using the same Enduro Roll Chart program that I am, I think you need a beta version (v2.22) to get it to understand the speeds less than 6 MPH (and something else, like multiple resets to zero?). Let me know if you want it, and I can either upload it (as a text file?), or email you directly. They already mailed out the .rs file that has the info already programmed in, so let me know if you want that also.

Top Bottom