scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Eel, Thumbs, 2 stroke and I will be out at the UEA Enduro this weekend. We'll be on row 35.

The race is at Couger Buttes off Camp Rock Road in Lucerne Valley. 8 AM start.

I know several of the TWMC crew will also be there.

See you out there.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Oh yeah, unless it's raining I'll be running the new helmet cam. I finally got all the pieces and adapters I needed. :cool:

All Eel's brake checks can now be officially recorded. :)

When I get it home I'll dub in some death metal music and patch in a few naked girls and make you copies. :p :debil:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
scar tissue said:
Oh yeah, unless it's raining I'll be running the new helmet cam. I finally got all the pieces and adapters I needed. :cool:

All Eel's brake checks can now be officially recorded. :)

When I get it home I'll dub in some death metal music and patch in a few naked girls and make you copies. :p :debil:

Sweet!

Hey I could have used that helmet cam in the cab ride I had last weekend, no need to dub in the nekid girls :p

Hey, Scar, can you throw my tie-downs in your truck, my wifey wants hers back.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Farmer John said:
10d :cool:

john - come and find us - either at TWMC camp or close to signups - bright red pickup, wine red toyota tacoma, black pickup, and a silver pickup ... we usually park together so you should see all the trucks in one place. 3 KTMs and a yellow Gas Gas.

:)

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
thumbs 35a
scar 35b
2stroke4fun 35c
eel 35d

Eric - bring proof of AMA membership. your # was not on your entry form.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Eel, how was your finish? I had a good time riding together, thanx for letting me key off of you on the second loop, it did give me a chance to do the odo/clock method as well.

Thumbs, too bad you lost parts. - Red locktite- and Ill send you a check.

Scar, you shoud have continued on, it was fun, and besides it dosent look good to get out lasted by a blind old man :nener: Hey, Id like to see the helmet cam footage!

I had a good ride and feel like I rode really well considering I had double vission before the first check. I dont know what my score was, I wasnt always paying attention at the check outs to see what I got, plus I burned a check in on the first loop, not too good I am sure. There was enough break/resets to regain some breath and wits. Eric and I decided to roll thru most resets and cover ground slow and cautious, it seemed to work well and help conserve energy I think.

All in all a great time, nothing broken on myself or the bike and I got a pin.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I had enough. I was cold, tired, and couldn't see in the blowing dirt. I was out all day Saturday in the cold windy rain at baseball tryouts and by Sunday I just didn't want to be out in it anymore. (I'm one of the baseball managers so it was an all day event for me on Saturday)

I had mildly crashed twice by simply not being able to see what I hit and lost the trail a few times. Most of the course was fun I would have enjoyed it normally, but I thought the speeds were high for the first loop. Also, I get tired of the long whoops D37 events always run us through. Honestly, I was just pretty unmotivated as I've been running around like crazy.

Re: helmet cam footage. I'd love to se it also, my computer crashed while I was transferring the files and wiped them out. There are no flies remaining on my digital recorder or my computer. :bang: :( Oh well next time.

I'm going to take a few weeks off and recharge. I'm going to skip the National and the Taft GP. I'll see you at the next TWMC outing.

I'm glad you guys did well. :)

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Considering the weather sucked as bad as it did, It looks like this was a good one to miss. Scar I know how those family obligation can run you ragged. I was at that point running around so I could ship my daughter off to Texas on Sunday. I was going to do the National Scramble this coming weekend but its looking like my son will be in a concert on Sunday so thats out too. I guess that leaves Taft Superbowl Sunday. Whens the next Enduro?

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
That was one helluva fun race !!!!!! One of the best times racing district I can remember. Challenging in spots but never over the top, definitely scenic, and pretty well run.

Like Chris said the connectors were nice for a breather and the specials were all setup with nicely placed check-ins. You could ride possibles to a point but there was almost always a check-in before a special which meant just about everybody, as long as they didn't burn, was actually racing an enduro and not a desert race. Very cool.

The 3rd loop was very, very fun - easier than last year and only about 14 ground miles. I did have some trouble finding ribbon at one or two spots on 3 which hurt me a bit, but I still feel really good about my ride. I also got a little lost in a 3rd loop rock maze but it wasn't too bad. I think I dropped somewhere around 30 or so for the entire race.

This was a very nicely put together race and it was definitely in the spirit of the "Fun 5" concept, IMHO.

Chris and I definitely missed you guys (Scar and Thumbs) at the start of loop 2. Hopefully we'll all reconvene for Prospector's !

Chris - it awesome riding with you … I think your score is gonna place you pretty high up the chain for 2 loopers. Ain't it great when it all comes together (at least most of it) !!! Like he said - I got my pin = I'm happy.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Results are up.

prelim results

Im am happy with how I rode, could always do better, but I did well all things considered, 2nd in class B senior 250 and 10th overall in 2 loopers.

Eric took 7th as a B open youngster.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
2strok4fun said:
Results are up.

prelim results

Im am happy with how I rode, could always do better, but I did well all things considered, 2nd in class B senior 250 and 10th overall in 2 loopers.

Eric took 7th as a B open youngster.

I think it was actually 4th B Open 3 looper ... but hey, who's keeping track.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
the Eel said:
I think it was actually 4th B Open 3 looper ... but hey, who's keeping track.

Sorry, your right. I must have been trying to slow you down. :laugh:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
hey look at that:

I got 14th out of 22 in my class and I only completed 1 loop. I'm happy with that.

nonickname

Mar 9, 2004
Gotta love the class I'm in... 23rd overall, but 10th in my class??? A-Sen-Open's place 1&2 overall, and 5 of the top-10. Here's where my OA placing would have put me if I was in a different class:

A-Sen-250: 4th
A-Vet-250: 4th
A-Vet-Open: 4th
A-200: 5th
A-250: 1st
A-Open: 1st

I'm beginning to feel a lot younger all of a sudden...

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Regardless, that was an awesome ride. Good job man ... I need to use you for inspiration and get my sorry self in shape !

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
nonickname said:
Gotta love the class I'm in... 23rd overall, but 10th in my class??? A-Sen-Open's place 1&2 overall, and 5 of the top-10. Here's where my OA placing would have put me if I was in a different class:

A-Sen-250: 4th
A-Vet-250: 4th
A-Vet-Open: 4th
A-200: 5th
A-250: 1st
A-Open: 1st

I'm beginning to feel a lot younger all of a sudden...

I've often thought of buying a different size bike just to race in a different class. There are a whole bunch of + 30 vet open guys, but apparenetly not as fast as the senior guys. Most of the D37 events are set up with all the scoring in the "specials" which reward the fast desert guys over the timekeepers anyway. :blah:

You had an awesome ride.One day I hope to have your complaint :ride:

Top Bottom