cr125type

Sep 4, 2001
ok i have ahd the msr rage bars and i got tired of paying 18 dollars after every race to get new ones, they bent so easy. I finally spent a little money for bars i got the renthal 7/8" bars with the ricky carmicheal bend and i liked them alot and the i went and was practicing and massacured a hay bail and they bent pretty bad and now i was wondering if it was that the bars are a peice of crap or if i hit to hard for the bars and what kind should i get to replace them with.

Thanx yall

Camel

Sep 27, 2001
YOu are right, they dont come cheap and you have to buy a set of after market clamps for it as well. but they have been proven to take most punishment that you throw at them.

Do a search about bars and you will see how many people uses them.

The bars do bend but If they bend you will have stories to tell the rest of your heroic fall.. hehehehehe

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I'd go with the Renthal twinwalls. They cost a bunch, but I belive that renthal will replace them if they EVER bend. Sounds like a good deal to me.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
Or, if you don't want to go w/bars and clamps, go w/the TAG X-5's. 7/8" and stronger than the 7/8" Renthal's. They don't come in as many bends as the Renthal's, but the price is comparable, if not better.

scotts250

Jul 30, 2001
Oneal Azonics

I like the Azonics-Double Cross over the Pro-Tapers on my '01 CR250. Seems like less vibration gets through and I like the bend a little better. You can get them for about $90 to $100 mail order if you look around. They are twin-wall with a foam between the walls. They will replace them if you bend them as well. Keep you receipt.
Scott

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
I like protapers. i decided t osee if they were truly 'unbustable' as everyone says, so b4 i put them on i hi hem with a sledge hammer, no bend no dent, just a couple scratches. oh yeah, ive slaughtered some trees with them, too :p

Bud Beunier

Nov 19, 2001
I have been using 7/8 inch regular Renthals for the last two years and haver never bent them. Sounds like you crashed pretty hard. If I were you I would investigate either Renthal oversized bars or Renthal twinwalls. Renthal will replace the twinwalls if you bend them.

NC514

Oct 20, 2001
I run TAG bars!!!

i have TAG bars on my bike, they're great. I have ate the dirt some too. Not that i'm proud of that...It's my bars i'm proud of!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom