Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
It seems that nobody makes stiffer fork springs than .46 for a '00 KX250.. I need approx. .50 rate springs. I think the difference can be made up with valving but I think that a better valving job could be done with the correct rates as a starting point. Does anyone know where I might find fork springs this stiff?
I've got a 6.0 on the rear which is fine, for some reason nobody seems to make fork springs to match their stiffest shock springs. It seems that .46 fork springs should be generally matched to something close to 5.4 - 5.6 on the rear.

Thanks..

Cam

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Springs

You are in luck, had the same problem my self.

Got mine at Lowe`s Racing in Mich.

#888-766-0619

I got a set of .50`s from them for my 250F.
hope this helps.

later mxbundy

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Actually it says I need .53s on the front. I wonder if anyone makes them that stiff. A suspension tuner here says he can make the .46s I have work well, but I'm skeptical. I guess it doesn't hurt to try, and if it sucks he'll probably fix the valving if I need stiffer springs.

crazycarl

May 3, 2001
Check with MX-tech . I got their .50 and I see they have some .52s not sure about your bike. Check thier web site or call them. Great springs, good price and excellent service!

Top Bottom