CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
Hey all,

I noticed on my front and back brake pads the wear is really un even like the right pad is worn down very far and the left pad had a whole lot of pad left, anyone know what could be causing this? is it normal?

Anyway it was just bothering me can't figure out what's up with it.

Any help would be great!

Thx.

Naddy

Feb 5, 2003
Just make sure its clean inside so the whole assembly can float. Check for dirt, rust, and corrosion to cause it to bind up and not move freely.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
Thx for help I'll definetly check the pins and make sure it's all clean I guess I can just use brake cleaner.

I was wondering doesn't the right pad move and the left one just sit in place wouldn't that be the reason the left pad doesn't have as much wear? or am I wrong?

Thx.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
something has to float whether the caliper or the disc or both. when you push out the one brake pad<caliper piston side> either the caliper slides over a little bit so the other pad contacts or the rotor slides into the other pad.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
The pad that is pushed by the calipers usually wears quicker then the other one, although I wouldn't say a LOT quicker but the other one might have 1mm/2mm left when the calliper side is worn out. At least that is my experience with them...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom