MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
WomanRider said:
Stacy
I will be up in your area this weekend at the Wolverine Enduro. Come on over and visit. It would be great to see you again. Megan will be riding Saturday, you can cheer her on.

Hey, got your PM on TT. I'll ride over and cheer the Energizer Bunny on!!

Hopefully I can figure out where it is. I know where Johnson Road and Gokee Road is - is that where it starts? That's at the edge of Brian Johnson's family farm. If not could someone clarify where the start is?

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
MuddyBuddy said:
Hey, got your PM on TT. I'll ride over and cheer the Energizer Bunny on!!

Hopefully I can figure out where it is. I know where Johnson Road and Gokee Road is - is that where it starts? That's at the edge of Brian Johnson's family farm. If not could someone clarify where the start is?

Yes that is where it starts. See you then.

Ward

Jan 23, 2006
CerkMX said:
How did the leg like being back on the bike? I run track days on road bikes in addition to trail riding/MX...obviously flex will be an issue on the asphalt and I'm thinking I'm probably on the shelf till next spring as far as that goes.
It took a couple months of riding to get the knee feeling comfortable. Standing up and sitting down and riding the rear brake were difficult at first. I tried not to use my leg when turning.

CerkMX

Oct 8, 2006
Ward said:
It took a couple months of riding to get the knee feeling comfortable. Standing up and sitting down and riding the rear brake were difficult at first. I tried not to use my leg when turning.

So it was your right leg? Same here...I really appreciate the input. I'll keep you posted as I move forward with rehab...hope all goes well with your knee, I feel your pain (quite literally!!) :cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
MuddyBuddy said:
This should probably be in another post (sorry for the hijack), but we will be camping in the field owned by the Johnson family (SE corner of Gokee and Johnson Rd.)

Trailridin

Mar 22, 2002
Womanrider,
There is another option for ACL reconstruction than the two you mentioned. I had my ACL reconstructed in 2005 after completely tearing it using a hamstring graft. I have had no problems with the knee after I completed PT during the first 5 months after surgery. You have to rehab both your knee and hamstring however.

I got plenty of advice on what to do after I injured myself. The best piece advice I have for you is to see a sports medicine doc because they have a lot of experience with this injury and the PT involved. I would also strongly recommend the surgery. I don't know how I could ride whoops without it.

Here is a link explaining the advantages and disadvantages to the different procedures.

Clicky

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Trailridin said:
Womanrider,
There is another option for ACL reconstruction than the two you mentioned. I had my ACL reconstructed in 2005 after completely tearing it using a hamstring graft. I have had no problems with the knee after I completed PT during the first 5 months after surgery. You have to rehab both your knee and hamstring however.

I got plenty of advice on what to do after I injured myself. The best piece advice I have for you is to see a sports medicine doc because they have a lot of experience with this injury and the PT involved. I would also strongly recommend the surgery. I don't know how I could ride whoops without it.

Here is a link explaining the advantages and disadvantages to the different procedures.

Clicky

I heard of using the hamstring tendon. I did not think it was very common. Thanks for the info. The little bit I read it appears to involve less pain. I will read the link later when I have more time.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Saw the DOC today. He gave me the go ahead to start riding my Bicycle again. YEAH, I hope to strengthen those muscles up. The plan right now is to reconstruct the ACL in December.

Top Bottom