Upper Peninsula vacation.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hi guys,

Would like to ask a favor of you Mich. riders.
A friend of mine is planning a riding trip for this summer in the UP.
What kind of suggestions can you guys make?
What are the best places to go? Are there any maps of trails available?
Anybody volunter to lead a ride?
Any ideas or suggestions you guys might have is greatly appreciated.
He will be driving up from Fla. in a funmover, so camping is deffinatly on the list. He also has a street bike for sight seeing. Whats the best attractions to visit?
thanks
mxbundy

Last edited:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Thanks Layton,

How does an out of state rider go about getting a sticker?
Any body know what the "HOT" spots are to hit when you are up there?
In other words what are your favorite riding spots up there?

thanks again
mxbundy

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Go to any Walmart or store that sells hunting license.

The ORV loops all have names. I like Bass Lake, Sandtown, Two-Hearted. All are fun but some can be whooped out perty bad

Miltonyz

Sponsoring Member
Apr 12, 2001
While up there I LOVED Sandtown it was a great trail. We also went to Donahar(sp?) Plains. It was really whooped and real open.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
mxbundy,
Are you looking for technical trails or 5th gear trails? The most technical trail is on Drummond Island. Brevort is another nice loop of trail.
I spent last weekend in the UP. GREAT riding!!!! Lots of rocks (I called them moon rocks). You will want to bring extra tires and maybe an extra pipe.
If you want some additional details, send me an email. I have a friend in Marquette that might provide some guidance.
Mike

T Genet

Apr 19, 2001
Mxbundy--this is one of the best trail systems I have ridden. I went last year and going this week to the MIO, MI area for 4 days. Join the CCC it's only $25. Its a great organization and you will get one of their monthly newletters that are really cool. I just wish I wasn't 8 hrs away or I would be up their more often.

Enjoy your trip!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…