~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
That is absolutely rediculous! :cool:

I never realized I wanted a trials bike, lol. :whoa:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yeah it's been around but it's cool to see again. Trust me because I speak from experience, the bike is a miniscule part of trials riding.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
Patman said:
I speak from experience, the bike is a miniscule part of trials riding.
Yeah, its not exactly the thing where you jump on one, and in a couple hours be doing nose wheelies with one hand off the bars and one foot on them.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Most folks could learn some the the basic skills on their current bike but the idea that you only go fast on a dirt bike keeps them from really improving their skills for this type of riding.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Trials seems more like dancing than MX. Looks like something I would really like to try, wish I knew someone with one.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
That's the thing you don't NEED a trils bike to practice the beginning skills which also transfer over very well to all forms of dirt riding. Sure the bike is quite a bit different and can make some of the skills much easier but it's note really a necessary item in the beginning.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I do alot of low speed playing on the crf now. I really have a blast pushing through the woods off the trail and climbing logs/dodging stumps, trees & what-not. Teaches some good clutch/throttle/brake control. It's suprising what you can get a bike to do once you get comfortable with all the controls and learn how to use them all together. The height, weight and power characteristics of the crf make it a bit tricky for some really technical stuff.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
JOE you might want to look at th Ryan Young trials videos for some additional inspiration/help in fine tuning some of the skills. I actually ride my XR in much the same way since I sold my Montesa to Rich. While it is no where near the same I can still pull of some stuff that fellow rides shake their head at. Trust me when I say it's NOT the massive skills I have but just a little bit of trials "secrets" I gathered from videos, classes and riding with some VERY skilled trils riders that helped me along.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom