BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Pokie will like this !!

Tomorrow I become a citizen of the USA

and then .... I defend the constitution!!

Alan

dennill AT cox DOT net :yeehaw:

This will no doubt be, one of the proudest days in my life.

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Congrats!!!!!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Congrats :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Congrats Alan! :cool: :cool: for doing it the right way, painful and expensive as it may be.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
That's great news Alan. Well done!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
BunduBasher said:
Tomorrow I become a citizen of the USA
and then .... I defend the constitution!!

Congratulations Bundu. :cool: :cool:

We need all the help we can get to defend our Constitution right now.

Thank you for doing it the right way. :worship:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
"I hereby declare, on oath,

that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law;

that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

It was great. it was emotional. after the oath the realization hit me that all the hard work, the pain, the expense was done, the 12+ years. I sorta got goose bumps, then choked up, tears started coming and I had to hold together otherwise I would have started blubbering like a little boy!!

Thank you for your well wishes. I registered to vote then and there!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Well... your experience was a little different than mine. When I went, I thought maybe I should wear a tie ... but when I got there (San Francisco), I was one of the very few that didn't wear jeans and a T-shirt. I didn't see anyone (several hundred people) get all emotional .. it was just like "can we get this over with fast please". I suppose all the fingering printing and the mistreatment by "little" immigration people in the weeks before swearing in put some people off. I remember a japanese gardener in line (this was weeks before the swearing in ceremony) that was turned away at the fingerprinting stage because he had cut his thumb gardening. He could reapply when the scar healed, however. I remember breaking into a sweat in line just behind him, because I had just cleared my (ex) wife's rose bushes and a thorn had stuck into my thumb, leaving a little bump. When I got to the guy with the magnifying glass, I was deemed fit, because the thorn had pricked more on the side of my thumb...whew!!!!

Well...anyway, congrats .. despite some onry immigration types, you have now made it to greatest country. Soon to be greater when Health Care reform takes place. :cool:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Congrats Alan! Very cool indeed!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I got to thinking this weekend, I was 19, 25 years ago and i had this dream to come to America. It took another 13 years to get here, went to night school, got the right IT job, had to graft to get that job offer and H1 visa. Another 12 years later, many ups and downs, hard times and good times - and its finally over - and finally beginning!

Holeshot - I think they have streamlined the process a lot, we had wonderful people in the immigration service help us all the way, we were treated very well, it was rather humbling. The fingerprints are now down with a fancy scanner.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Senior KX Rider said:
Congratulations Alan. For doing it the right way. VERY WELL DONE SIR

The 'right' way is to jump the border and await amnesty .... LOL .... I did it the long way ..... :)

scattergun13

Sep 18, 2010
Hello all, this will be my first post here but I have lurked for a while now. This seems like a good site and a great group of people. Therefore, I would respectfully echo the comments of the posters before me and proudly offer my congratulations to you along with my respect for having the personal integrity that so many others lack to do things the right way.
This along with your new citizenship should be a great source of pride for you the remainder of your years. Congrats again and thanks to all for letting a newbie weigh in... :cool:
Stew...

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I was lucky enough to take the family to New York a month before the ceremony. We visited the Statue of liberty and Ellis Island. Everyone should visit Ellis Island at least once in their life. There are many who came to this country who took a much harder arduous journey to get here. It is a very humbling experience.

Top Bottom