Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
Just got it from the UPS fairy, ordered it Friday from Rocky Mtn. ATV.

It's nice, bolts right up no problem. It's a bit tight, right up against the lower mount for my pipe, but still fits nice. The only question I have now is what to do with the drain hose that went out the bottom right where the skid plate is now. I think it's the fuel vent hose, so it probably doesn't matter too much. :think:

Anyway, all said and done it's a pretty nice unit. I like how it goes out a bit on the sides to cover those "ears" on the frame just forward of the rear brake / shifter.

Riding tomorrow for the 1st time on a MX track, we'll see if I notice any pinging down there. :laugh:

-Dawg

Quailchaser

Jan 30, 2004
I've had mine on for about 2 months. It's taken some good hits in the endless rocks here in AZ. I don't do the MX thing, but it's done it's job well on the nasty trails.

That hose is your radiator over flow hose, just let it lay on the skid plate. Won't be a problem.

Later
Robb

GS

Jun 29, 2003
Hi,
I'm kinda looking for a skidplate for my KDX220 (and a '98 KX100)and would appreciate any pics you may have of yours, particularily showing the side protection and front. Not looking for a glide plate.
Thanks
Greg

Dawg_enD

Sep 19, 2003
I can't post pics, sorry. It doesn't really protect the side at all, just the underside. If you look at the pics of the Utah skidplate on Rocky Mountain ATV it looks like it does.... but it doesn't. =(

The only one that I've heard of for the KDX that has some side protection is the Moose.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Utah Sport Cycle (USC) makes the skid plates for Moose. They are one in the same. I had one on my KDX, and really liked it. The aluminum plate extends to cover the "ears" on the KDX frame, and it was a snap to install. Took maybe 4 minutes, and everything aligned nicely. I have since installed a USC/Moose plate on a KX-80/100 and KTM 200. Same deal. Great plate, IMO.

I have some pics at home; let me know if you really want to see a close-up.

GS

Jun 29, 2003
Thanks for the info.
Kevin, I'm in the Port Moody-Maple Ridge area. Never heard of the store you referred to, but I will give them a call. Safe to assume that you are in Yarrow?
Greg

Top Bottom