V force 3 Reed Valve for CR 85?

Mini Rider #4

Jan 5, 2007
I have had my CR 85 for about a year now. I started racing this past August. I am about to move up a class and I've been researching on the V Force 3 Reed Valves, but I am not sure if it is worth $130.00. Has anybody had any experience with this part.Thanks :cool:

bundyho1

Dec 11, 2006
So what would be better the v force or the B pro reeds?Im close to getting one or the other and is there really any difference between the two?Besides price... :bang:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I have had nothing but success with the Vforce. I put one in my 02 250 and it cleaned up the jetting and made it crisp off idle.
We also put one in our 85 and it was the best mod we made.

bundyho1

Dec 11, 2006
Thanks, then i will be ordering some of the v-force for my cr 85 2006,any good places to order from? :cool:

directional

Jan 20, 2007
I have been reading people prefer the Boyessen PRO Series reeds over the V-force because they last alot longer and they are a third of the price.

directional

Jan 20, 2007
From what i understand the VForce perform a LITTLE bit better but when they break the engine dosent eat them away , they eat away the engine ...

JGrossijr

Dec 29, 2004
On an '03 KX65 we tried the pro reeds and the Super Stock Reeds -little to no difference from stock, The Boyesen Rad Valve- slightly noticeable improvement in bottom end power, and the V-Force 3-very noticeable improvement everywhere. We also have a stock pipe/silencer, and an FMF SST w/ Power core II silencer. The V-Force reeds are worth more than the pipe.

directional

Jan 20, 2007
See that's good to hear.. a lot of people have been saying there isnt much of a difference but you tested it out so i will go with your word.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
directional said:
W I think you should do the reeds then the pipe. .
I would get the pipe, and the reeds :nod:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…