V-Force Delta 2 Reeds on a '01 CR125

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
After posting a question about just getting just a silencer for my 2001 CR125, it seems that the popular opinion is that it just isn't worth it. Most people say that I should send my bike to Eric Gorr to have it ported, and that would be nice, but it just seems like I'd never be able to get my dad to agree to that one, and I really wouldn't want the engine to be gone right in the middle of the prime riding season. It's definetely something I might do when I get a new top end in the next year, but for now it's on the shelf.

So that still leaves me wanting more bottom end. I rode my friend's RM 125 today with an FMF Fatty and and PowerCore Shorty and it has a significantly better bottom. But my other friend's KTM 125 with Pro Circuit Platinum and R304 Shorty blows it away. It's unbelievable. But, his bike has a set of V-Force Delta reeds. I've heard that the new V-Force Delta 2s are very good for increasing bottom end.

I don't want to waste my money on something that isn't going to be worth it. Am I going to notice legit increases in power if I buy this reed cage? I imagine I'd have to rejet as well, but the bottom line is that I don't want to drop $150 on something that really isn't worth it. My bike is sluggish off the start but the mid-range, where I feather to stay at, is awesome. I just want to know if this is going to be worth it, or if I have to come up with something else. Thanks

biopepper

Jan 27, 2002
On my 01 cr125 in stock form it has barley any bottem with a midrange hit then falls flat on top. The first thing I did was get a procircuit pipe and procircuit shorty silencer. This helped a lot on every aspect of the powerband. Next I got a delta force reed cage. That was even a bigger improvment. It made the power band a whole lot broader, gave it some low end pull, and would rev out more once I got the jetting all crisp and setup. When I changed my top end I got a wiseco piston which seemed to rev faster then stock. Although one of the best things you can do to it would be to send it away and have it ported. If you're looking for bolt on power I would highly recommend getting the v-force. I got mine at www.motosportoutlet.com for 129 with free shipping.

Top Bottom