BOWHUNTER

May 3, 2001
i'm looking for areas to ride in northern va or within three hours travel of purcellville va thats an hour west of d.c . i'm looking for an area to do some trail riding. thanks mike

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
George Washington National Forest, other than that you'll most likely have to join a club (ie, Tower City) or AMA District and race. There is a track in Inwood WV off I-81, but its motocross only.

philb

Oct 28, 1999
GW forest

Bowhunter, I ride frequently in GW,about every 5-6 weeks, just returned from a good ride last weekend(5-5). I didn't check on a map , but if you are about an hr. west from DC, you are pretty close.
GW forest is near Edinburgh, Va. off RT. 81, aboout 15-20 minutes south from RT66/Rt81 intersection.
there should be info on the net, look for Virginia ORV trails.

Bulldog

May 2, 2001
If you are interested in racing Hare Scrambles or want to find additional information on clubs in Virginia go to the Virginia Championship Hare Scramble Series website at: HTTP://WWW.VCHSS.ORG. They hold races at Budds Creek and all over Virginia each year. You should be able to get additional information on clubs by posting o their Message Board.

BOWHUNTER

May 3, 2001
thanks for the info on the GEORGE WASHINGTON FOREST i got directions and might try that this saturday. if any of you guys are heading out this way and need a riding partner give me a yell. thanks again
mike

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Theres a couple places in Sterling , they're not too big, but it's not bad if you don't mind ruts! Email me if you want directions

philb

Oct 28, 1999
Bowhunter, I forgot to mention that there are 2 trailheads at Tasker's Gap (GW forest at Edinburgh) and 1 is closed with a gate and posted until after June 1st. for repairs and maintanence. There is still plenty of good riding, prepare for rocks and trees. Oh. and watch out for the drainage ditch near the parking lot.:confused: :o

Top Bottom