MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
I am going to be in the Brookesville- Ocala area the days of Feb. 15-24. I am aware of Croome and Hardrock but am wondering if there are more tracks running in the area. Actually night races are what I'm looking for. Hard Rock has one on the 23 I do believe but that is all that I can find scheduled down there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. One other question, Is VP C-12 readily available in the area?

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Hey MX,

Down in Dade City they have a night track that runs every Sat. night, rain or shine. Its a couple hours south of the Ocala area, but not far from Brooksville.
As for as the gas thing, I really dont know, just bring a few cans with you.;)

Gonna stay for Bikeweek?

later mxbundy

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
Thanx bundy as for taking gas it's not my rig and the guy is anal about transporting fuel,(saw Moto-XXX rig incinerate) I sure would like to stay for bike week but my funds usually expire before the vacation does. If I make any money at the night races instead of spending it in the emergency room who knows?

starcove

Apr 8, 2001
You might wanna check out Marion MX. The AHRMA nationals are held there during bike week. They also have the Gold Cup series races there for the non-vintage racers. That track is in Reddick just off hwy.441.

Anybody that comes all the way to FL should go to Gatorback. It offers some hilly sections. Yes we do have hills in our bit of paradise. That track is close to Gainesville.

:p

mp4798

Aug 10, 2001
tell me about the trail riding at croom and ocala? thinking of driving from nc for a 4 day riding/camping vac. any comments would be appreciated.

starcove

Apr 8, 2001
There are a couple of legal places to ride in central FL. Here are the links:

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/croom.htm

http://www.floridatrailriders.org/articles/ONF.htm

I've been riding at Crooms for about 5 years and prefer it to Ocala. Unfortunately all of the rapid growth in the state has greatly reduced the number of areas we can ride. There use to be several places within 10 miles of my house that were availabe, but they have all been closed to the public.

Crooms is a fun place to ride and camp. I don't like it on the weekends because it gets a bit crowded and crazy. :silly: If you get there early in the morning you can get in some good riding and beat the afternoon crowd.

;)

MXN4FUN

Jul 7, 2000
Starcove I raced at Gatorback in'86. Would love to ride it again, at a much slower pace now though. Well raced is a bit of an overstatement I was sent packing trying to make it to the qualifying rounds. Do they have any practice sessions there as I remeber it being a race only track. Well I usually crash the first day so I probably only need one riding area:(

starcove

Apr 8, 2001
I think that you can practice there certain weekends. They have a vintage track that is awesome and a kids track for the jumpers. Here is the website of the FL Vintage M/X Club. They host some events at Gatorback and I know the Autism Race is March 3rd.

http://www.flvmx.com/

:p

There are some AHRMA national events (roadracing, motocross, flat track and trials) coming up the first week in March. Its my favorite time of the year. ;)

Top Bottom