98kdx200

Jul 6, 2000
Unfortunetly I have to get rid of my 98 200. I' m wondering if you guys could help me get an idea what I should sell it for.

98 kdx 200 w/
PC pipe and silencer
E Line Pipe Guard
Rad Valve
Devol Front and Rear Disc Guads
Acerbis handguards
Fresh top end over winter -Wiseco kit
Airbox mod
C Cycle Suspension Work - Springs, Revalve, Anodized Shock
# Plate
Factory Effex Seatcover

Thats about it.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Just as a benchmark...

I paid $2700 for basically your bike minus the suspension work. Everything else though is pretty much the same. But I also had a hell of a time finding a good one and the one I got is in excellent shape. I looked at 4 total rags before I found the one I have.

Where you located ? I have a bud in the market for a bike.

-MD

98kdx200

Jul 6, 2000
I'm over in Connecticut. I figured I'm gonna ask between 3 and 3500, even though between the cost of the bike ($2300) and all the extras are up over $4000. Now I dunno if your buddy wants to come all the way over here but I have pictures of it. No scanner though so it will have to go snail mail if he is at all interested. Get back to me.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
The guy that I bought mine from started at $3000. Which was a little outta my range. I think I paid a fair price, others I'm sure would disagree.

It's not a matter of 'Worth or Value' It's what the market will bear and right now nothing seems to be moving around here.

I have an RM 250 I can't hardly give away. Most of the bikes in our local Cycle trader are the same and have been for weeks.

I'm thinkin it's the economy.

-MD :(

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Yes Bill I remember that... :P I had to go to East Egypt to get the one I ended up with cause you sold it :0

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
:eek: I think I remember you calling. Oops. Actually someone from Cincinattii ended up buying it. It's weird though. I had it in the paper for 24 and noone was calling. I put it at 2 and had a TON of calls.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
man bill that's sad, that ole KDX of yours ripped nicely :)
but back on topic, if you want an idea of what similarly equipped bikes go for search on cycletrader.com or www.kbb.com

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
OMG!!!!:scream: Over here is California, The FEW bikes even for sale (KDXs) are going for a ton!! There are like three in the Newest Cycle Trader, totaly stock 1997 asking $3,500!!!!:scream: You wana ship it over to California?!?!?!?

98kdx200

Jul 6, 2000
I couldn't imagine how much shipping would be to go across the country. Just to let you know I still have all the stock parts that came out of it as well, headlight, pipe, silencer, reed cage. I also have another Pro Circuit pipe that is bent but can still be used.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
Just and FYI, I'm sure someone here will chime in with particulars.

Basically to crate the thing will cost between $85-$125, and you can ship it cross country via truck, or air to a semi-close air port for usually around $100-$175.

Your milage may vary but that can get you started in the negotiating process.

-MD

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
98kdx200,

Would you be willing to sell the headlight unit?

Let me know. And if you are willing what is your price?:cool:

Thnx

Top Bottom