mike_nelson

Oct 10, 2000
I have a 01 Rm 125 that I love to ride, I will be racing it this summer and am planning on getting a Pc pipe and silencer. I have heard about aftermarket pistons, but feel my stock is best. My friend says they seem to be alot better, what do you guys think? And whats the difference between a vertex racing piston and a regular vertex piston? Is it worth it?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The main differences is if they have a window in the back.Others are lightening holes aroing the pin area.Next is the making of them, cast for oem/vertex forged for wiseco.Vetex have a coating to aid break in.They also run different ring gaps.Vertex 8thous, std 12, wiseco 12 i think(from memory)this is for a 125.Which one is best-hard to answer, what are you looking for in a piston?long life go for a wiseco,price is best on the vertex in the UK.More questions than answers im afraid.

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I rode for an entire season on a Vertex (not the racing piston). When I pulled it out I was tempted to re ring it and put it back in it looked so good. Of course it's to much work not to.

Top Bottom